Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   First Watch Restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/first-watch-restaurant-129840/)

Madelaine Amee 10-13-2014 01:11 PM

First Watch Restaurant

This past weekend I went to First Watch for breakfast/lunch and was so impressed. The restaurant is located off BV going towards SS and is in the same block as Publix.

The food is above excellent. I am a fruit type person so I ordered the two fruit crepes, which is two crepes containing a banana in each with chopped strawberries. A small dish of their Granola Crunch (to die for) and a huge home made muffin - that went home with me!

It is not a fancy restaurant - it's a breakfast/lunch cafe, but was very clean with really nice young people waiting and serving. The prices are excellent too. We both ate for under $20.

Our server told us they are looking for a location in Sumter Landing.

First Watch - The Villages | Find a First Watch | First Watch

Xcuse 10-13-2014 02:26 PM

I agree, great breakfast if you desire a little more than bacon,eggs & homefries! Reminded us of "Coras" in Montreal with all the fruit available.

simpkinp 10-13-2014 02:34 PM

I would love to have a nice breakfast place in LSL. That would be a good addition to the mix

KathieI 10-13-2014 04:23 PM

I'm confused, what's wrong with TooJay's in Lake Sumter? Not good enough?

I agree, First Watch is great, been there many times with some friends from Lake Weir. But I also find TJ's to have excellent food, especially breakfasts and not sure I understand the need for another?? We also have Panera, they don't serve a traditional breakfast, but they are good also.

Happinow 10-13-2014 04:32 PM

For us, First watch is our first choice. They seem to whip up some different items for breakfast like their mushrooms with melted cheese on top that comes with some of the breakfasts. Yum, yum. I sure hope they find a place closer with enough space to accommodate everyone.

Shimpy 10-13-2014 05:24 PM

Sorry, but as a breakfast fanatic I tried First Watch and crossed them off my list. Slow service and cold food was served to us. Maybe they would be better given a second chance but they are out of my area and I don't want to waste a good breakfast that I could have elsewere such as Johnny Rockets, the best in TV in my opinion.

Hancle704 10-13-2014 07:26 PM

We went to First Watch in St Louis and each year indicated on Village survey that they would be a good addition to TV. They have been here awhile and we enjoy many things on their menu. The only thing we don't care for is their coffee. Guess it is a darker roast and we need to add multiple creamers. Wish they offered a choice of coffees like Panera does.

JoMar 10-13-2014 08:24 PM

Personally we prefer local family owned breakfast places....Sunrise, Kountry Kitchen type.
they have small familiar local clientele. We do enjoy chains now and then but smaller for us is always our choice.

kaydee 10-13-2014 09:38 PM

Love First Watch and the wait staff is the best..great group of hard working people.

gdion56 06-07-2015 03:59 PM

you are right, the First Watch is a great resturant

newguyintv 06-07-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdion56 (Post 1071348)
you are right, the First Watch is a great resturant

Does that mean they have gotten rid of the Ants!

Lark7 06-07-2015 07:16 PM

We have dined at First Watch restaurants in Florida and Ohio - we believe them to have great food and service; yes, we have to dilute the coffee with hot water also.

DonH57 06-07-2015 08:29 PM

We've eaten at first watch a few times and always had a great experience with the food and service. One time they had a special of sausage gravy and biscuits. Unfortunately to my knowledge they never repeated it and I don't know why.

Greg Dion 06-26-2015 05:20 AM

this is one of the best breakfast/lunch if not the best in the villages - hope they can find a place in Sumter

EnjoyTheVillages 07-23-2016 04:10 PM

Terrific Breakfast Choice

For years I would travel once or twice a week from my home on Marco Island to Naples just to eat at First Watch. You can imagine my pleasure when moving to The Villages, I found a First Watch here. And the anticipation for the one here in The Villages was every bit as good as the one in Naples. Their unique choices for breakfast are superb and I'm grateful we have one so convenient for us.