Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What do Villagers DO on Halloween? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-do-villagers-do-halloween-130623/)

DELTADWN 10-22-2014 08:23 AM

What do Villagers DO on Halloween?

I keep seeing various inquiries as to whether we want to be added to the "treat map" and hand out treats. Being new to TV, do the Villagers actually dress up in costume and go out trick-or-treating? And, do those that hand out treats really give out candy, or shots of cinnamon schnapps, etc.? :wine:

mixsonci 10-22-2014 08:26 AM

ooo I like this, I'm in for the latter choice

TNLAKEPANDA 10-22-2014 08:29 AM

This will be our first Halloween at the villages. Can we expect senior citizens to show up with their dogs in costume since were no children?

Mickedamouse24 10-22-2014 08:55 AM

:BigApplause:The best Halloween fun is done by New Covenant Methodist Church! They set up a Trunk-r-Trick in their parking lot. Cars, along with golf carts line up around the grassy area of their parking lot and the kids go from vehicle to vehicle. Lots of kids, lots of fun. Not to mention that it is a truly safe event for children! Check it out!!

kittygilchrist 10-22-2014 09:04 AM

Halloween fest is at Bwood oct 30 and 31

Bogie Shooter 10-22-2014 09:17 AM

In 12 years I have not seen or heard of door-to-door trick or treat with children. Think about.....does it make any sense?

graciegirl 10-22-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 956357)
In 12 years I have not seen or heard of door-to-door trick or treat with children. Think about.....does it make any sense?

Bogie? Don't you remember reading that it isn't allowed? I read that some time ago.

I think the OP may be getting a neighborhood email. A sort of block party deal.

zonerboy 10-22-2014 10:06 AM

I guess we'll do what Villagers seem to do on most other days: get together with friends, drink some beers, and talk real loud.

Actually, last year in our courtyard villa neighborhood we did have a doggie Halloween parade, A notice was e-mailed to all residents. Dog owners dressed their dogs in costumes (some owners wore costumes as well). Then about a half hour before dusk, we walked our doggies around the block. Neighbors wishing to participate sat out side on their front porch patio and greeted the dogs with doggie treats. Some even offered "people" drinks and snacks. So now we all know each other and whose dog is whose.

Flyinglady 10-22-2014 10:16 AM

What a great idea.

jblum315 10-22-2014 12:07 PM

We just buy all the candy that's on sale and eat it ourselves.

tomwed 10-22-2014 01:55 PM

I don't do anything special on Halloween. But on Easter I like to hide the eggs in the morning and in the afternoon see if I can find them.

tomwed 10-22-2014 02:34 PM

For Holloween this year I’m dressing up as an overweight, older golfer. If you see me, wave.