Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Metal fencing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/metal-fencing-130667/)

chalpm 10-22-2014 01:52 PM

Metal fencing

Looking to have someone put up some metal fencing on our concrete pad outside the lanai...any suggestions on who to contact?

Bogie Shooter 10-22-2014 02:05 PM

Community Standards
Phone: 352-751-3912

gomoho 10-22-2014 02:11 PM

I think you are probably referring to the white aluminum many folks have around their concrete pads. When I saw your post I assumed you were referring to chain link.:22yikes: Sorry don't have a recommendation.

rubicon 10-22-2014 02:24 PM

Better check with District

Indydealmaker 10-22-2014 02:24 PM

White Aluminum
Been around a long time.
Florida Rooms | Sunrooms | Screen Rooms - White Aluminum

chalpm 10-22-2014 03:10 PM

Thanks for your help....no,not chain link...just something to go around cement pad outside where our grill is situated. thanks so much!

Bonanza 10-22-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalpm (Post 956537)
Thanks for your help....no,not chain link...just something to go around cement pad outside where our grill is situated. thanks so much!

I think most posters here would be interested in learning if you get approval
for your fencing and if you do, exactly what you end up using.

Thanks!

mulligan 10-23-2014 05:12 AM

I believe the OP is referring to a railing around a patio.

Phanatic Luvr 10-23-2014 07:31 AM

Won't white aluminum rust in time? Why not something more decorative? And I, like others, can't picture what you are talking about.

wudda1955 10-23-2014 08:08 AM

Aluminum doesn't rust. I imagine it can be made into something decorative. I'm thinking the OP is wanting maybe something about 2-3' high? Sort of like this: http://www.whitealuminum.com/handrailing/#!overview

Sorry, I don't know who to contact, but I'll be monitoring to see who and what you end up getting.

zcaveman 10-23-2014 09:02 AM

I used White's Aluminum to put a railing across the front "porch" - under the overhang. It is not aluminum. It is some kind of plastic. That is usually what you see when you drive down the street and see the railings in front of other houses. I have also seen these railings on the back lanais/concrete slabs.

Z

chalpm 10-23-2014 09:56 AM

I definitely used the wrong word...not fencing but railing is correct. We added about 6' to our cement slab outside our lanai and would like to add railing to it .... just wasn't sure who to contact to have this work done. Never thought a permit would be needed. I'm sure if hubby wrote the post there would have been no problem with the wording. Will contact the businesses mentioned and will keep you posted on what happens. Thanks again.

Indydealmaker 10-23-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalpm (Post 956939)
I definitely used the wrong word...not fencing but railing is correct. We added about 6' to our cement slab outside our lanai and would like to add railing to it .... just wasn't sure who to contact to have this work done. Never thought a permit would be needed. I'm sure if hubby wrote the post there would have been no problem with the wording. Will contact the businesses mentioned and will keep you posted on what happens. Thanks again.

Just remember, pretty much anything you propose to do outside your home, front or back, requires the blessing of the Villages Architectural committee. No big deal. Don't make the mistake of assuming that if you see something elsewhere in The Villages that it must be OK. The enforcement of the rules has been lax and they are beginning to enforce rules more aggressively. No breach of the rules is considered "grandfathered".

tommy steam 10-23-2014 02:54 PM

If you take a ride to the ARC , they can tell you if you are allowed to install the railing and if a permit is needed.