Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   How many times a week do you go out to eat? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/how-many-times-week-do-you-go-out-eat-130851/)

tomwed 10-24-2014 09:56 AM

How many times a week do you go out to eat?

I go out to eat one time a week always with my golf pals. I'm on a tight budget for now and I like to cook. I picked up this quote from a Peach Valley Cafe.

“That’s really where I look at it as a unique market, as opposed to a regular market where people may eat out once a week, I think in The Villages you’re probably looking at, in my opinion, maybe three to four times a week people are eating out,” he said.

A blogging friend of ours, in another thread said that Peach Valley Cafe is coming to Brownwood.

Madelaine Amee 10-24-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwed (Post 957472)
I go out to eat one time a week always with my golf pals. I'm on a tight budget for now and I like to cook. I picked up this quote from a Peach Valley Cafe.

“That’s really where I look at it as a unique market, as opposed to a regular market where people may eat out once a week, I think in The Villages you’re probably looking at, in my opinion, maybe three to four times a week people are eating out,” he said.

A blogging friend of ours, in another thread said that Peach Valley Cafe is coming to Brownwood.

I'm a good cook, but we still go out twice a week in the evening and sometimes will stop for lunch if we are shopping. I must admit to getting a guilty feeling when I am eating out, because I know I can cook a better meal for far less money, but I just like to get out and have someone wait on me!

BUT - I know a couple who eat out breakfast, lunch and dinner every night of the week - she has never used her stove! We also know people who eat out every night of the week, but let's face it there is eating out and then there is dining. Also, I think it's the alcohol which adds up more than the price of food. I see many couples who order a meal and water. For us, to eat out, means a glass or two of wine with our meal and that pushes the price way up.

I think Peach Cafe will do very well here. We love First Watch which seems to be similar.

Aandjmassage 10-24-2014 10:32 AM

We are out running around working so we end up eating out about 5 times a week.

MSGirl 10-24-2014 10:34 AM

As much as I can!

Halibut 10-24-2014 10:43 AM

We go to Sunday brunch every week.

There are occasional lunches out, but we're both working so it's likely to be fast food from somewhere like Subway or the Fresh Market deli or Wendy's.

We're much more likely to get restaurant food to go than to sit and eat. We order pizza or get takeaway several times a month.

Bonny 10-24-2014 10:53 AM

Usually 5 or 6 days a week.:pepper2:

DigitalGranny 10-24-2014 11:28 AM

Usually eat lunch out (5X a week) and occasionally eat dinner out (about once a week). Seldom eat breakfast out - once a month or so. We prefer our main meal at lunch and a lighter dinner.

JSR22 10-24-2014 11:37 AM

Dinner out 4 to 5
Lunch 2 to 3
I don't eat breakfast.

tghoul 10-24-2014 12:02 PM

Once every 2 months

OBXNana 10-24-2014 01:38 PM

When in PA rarely. I'm a scratch cook and know everything we put in our mouths.

When we travel, we like to try different places and eat out a lot. We eat the food of the country we are visiting. We also gain weight because we lack self control!

Indydealmaker 10-24-2014 01:40 PM

I know of Villagers that eat out at least once each day, every day of the week. Yet, they are the first ones to complain about cost! Go figure.

graciegirl 10-24-2014 01:52 PM

Usually once a week. I like what I cook.

Shimpy 10-24-2014 02:18 PM

3 to 4 times a week, almost always breakfast.

tttgolfer47 10-24-2014 02:28 PM

Too many. Probably 3-4

applesoffh 10-24-2014 04:01 PM

Once or twice a week from May-September and almost never when the snowbirds return. Restaurants are too crowded around here, IMHO. Sometimes, we'll go out for a late lunch/very early supper and have something light later on, but I have to be desperate and really not want to cook that night.