Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Windows & Doors (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/windows-doors-411/)
-   -   Windows of Central Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/windows-doors-411/windows-central-florida-131915/)

Ad poster 11-03-2014 08:36 AM

Windows of Central Florida

4 Attachment(s)
Windows of Central Florida

Welcome to Windows of Central Florida, a division of Energy Efficiency, Inc. Replacing your old windows or enclosing your lanai through Windows of Central Florida is a great way to make your home more beautiful and energy efficient, and it is a great investment as well.

Our Services Include:
Window & Door Replacements
Lanai Enclosures
Sliding Glass Doors
Motorized Garage Screens
Retractable Screen Doors
Pergolas

Fully Licensed and Fully Insured Technicians. No subcontractors ever!
We are LOCALLY Owned & Operated.

Call 352-217-8151 for a FREE Estimate!

CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE!
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!

seavon 03-23-2016 09:05 PM

I could not be happier with the work these folks did. I replaced all the windows in my Lanai with thermal windows. These guys came on time, worked until the job was finished and did an outstanding job!!! Their price was value priced, not the cheapest but not the most expensive. I highly recommend them.

jimbo2012 03-24-2016 07:00 AM

It may be a good idea to explain the new building codes on windows, most don't know.

tuccillo 03-26-2016 08:35 AM

Yes, we used them also. They did a nice job. Kevin uses a quality vinyl window with good energy specs: double pane, Low-E argon filled with a 0.3 U-factor and 0.19 SHGC. You would need to go to triple pane to do significantly better and their typical application is in cold climates. I highly recommend him also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seavon (Post 1203011)
I could not be happier with the work these folks did. I replaced all the windows in my Lanai with thermal windows. These guys came on time, worked until the job was finished and did an outstanding job!!! Their price was value priced, not the cheapest but not the most expensive. I highly recommend them.

ann25624 06-13-2021 08:02 PM

Searching for 2021 review for birdcage

Anyone have experience with Windows of Central Florida for a birdcage in 2020 or 2021?

A lot of the reviews are a few years old, so looking for feedback on their recent work. Thanks!

peachpit 06-13-2021 09:32 PM

Kevin so awesome that I would pay him up front and I don't pay anyone up front.

howellp 06-24-2021 09:24 AM

I would be interested to see reviews from 2020 to 2021....

[We contracted with them in February 2021 and they have not started on our Lanai.....very disapointed

Paula6 02-21-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howellp (Post 1964458)
[We contracted with them in February 2021 and they have not started on our Lanai.....very disapointed

When did they finally finish with your lanai? We are getting an estimate with them and looking to use them.

nhlinda 11-28-2022 02:31 PM

Do not use Windows of Central Florida

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula6 (Post 2064296)
When did they finally finish with your lanai? We are getting an estimate with them and looking to use them.

I would not use this company. They installed my windows in 2020 and in 2021 two of the windows developed leakage within the panes. They have been promising to replace them for over a year and nothing has been done.

nhlinda 11-28-2022 02:34 PM

Do not use Windows of Central Florida

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by peachpit (Post 1959245)
Kevin so awesome that I would pay him up front and I don't pay anyone up front.

I had them close in my lanai in 2020 and in 2021 two of the windows lost their seal. I would not recommend this company. They have been promising to replace the windows which are under warranty but all I get are excuses.

nhlinda 11-28-2022 02:37 PM

Don't use Windows of Central Florida

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuccillo (Post 1204149)
Yes, we used them also. They did a nice job. Kevin uses a quality vinyl window with good energy specs: double pane, Low-E argon filled with a 0.3 U-factor and 0.19 SHGC. You would need to go to triple pane to do significantly better and their typical application is in cold climates. I highly recommend him also.

They glassed in my lanai in 2020. Two of the window seals developed leaks in 2021. i've been waiting for over a year for replacement under warranty and all I get are excuses.

Calisport 11-28-2022 09:27 PM

I got a visit from them for a door replacing a window. Never got a quote or call back even when I called about 5 times. They didn't answer the phone.

tuccillo 11-28-2022 10:40 PM

Perhaps supply chain issues. I believe the company was sold and it is not the same guy (Kevin) running things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhlinda (Post 2161415)
They glassed in my lanai in 2020. Two of the window seals developed leaks in 2021. i've been waiting for over a year for replacement under warranty and all I get are excuses.

nhlinda 01-10-2023 11:54 AM

Windows Replaced

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuccillo (Post 2161556)
Perhaps supply chain issues. I believe the company was sold and it is not the same guy (Kevin) running things.

I finally did get my windows replaced after a year of waiting. The installers came yesterday and quickly replaced the two panes that developed leaks. It looks beautiful now. I'm just sorry it took so long but am happy that Windows of Central Florida did follow through on their promise to make this right for me. Hopefully these new panes will be free from defects.

nhlinda 01-10-2023 11:57 AM

Windows Replaced

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhlinda (Post 2161415)

Just wanted to post an update that Windows of Central FL did finally deliver on their promise to replace my cloudy windows. The installers came yesterday and quickly replaced the two defective panes. Really happy that they honored their warranty and kept their word. The lanai looks nice again. Hopefully, no more glass leaks!