Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website Support and Testing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-support-testing-74/)
-   -   Problems with ToTV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-support-testing-74/problems-totv-132025/)

villagetinker 11-03-2014 08:29 PM

Problems with ToTV

I have seen several complaints with ToTV recently. Here is what I found that worked for me.

I deleted my old bookmark. Then I manually went to the site, by typing in:
www.talofthe villages.com.

Once at the site, I recreated my bookmark, and then entered the site as normal.

This has cleared up a long standing problem that I was having, and may have cleared up some interment problems.

I hope this helps others.:wave:

KathieI 11-03-2014 08:46 PM

Thanks VT, this is a new computer and I didn't use an old bookmark but I'm thinking that its something having to do with a missing website cause its never happened before. I'll bring it back tomorrow to have them check it out. I'm also running some background programs because I can see how slow the system is running. Maybe I'm missing some spyware that I had before... Look at me, talking like I know what I'm talking about, lol. I have no clue!!! :loco:

Diedra 11-13-2014 11:47 AM

Is anyone else having trouble reaching the sellers on Talk of the Villages? I have 'messaged many sellers multiple times & get no response. I try to contact a seller, no one answers. I swear my emails are not going through. Anyone else? Diedra

Indydealmaker 11-13-2014 12:26 PM

Me too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diedra (Post 967680)
Is anyone else having trouble reaching the sellers on Talk of the Villages? I have 'messaged many sellers multiple times & get no response. I try to contact a seller, no one answers. I swear my emails are not going through. Anyone else? Diedra

I have had the same problem. I reported it to Panjo support but have not gotten an answer yet. I found that when I sent a message to a seller, it was ending up in my Panjo Inbox instead of going out to seller

In the interim, I would click on the seller's name in the ad and try to send a regular Private Message rather than a Panjo Message.

philnpat 11-13-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indydealmaker (Post 967696)
I have had the same problem. I reported it to Panjo support but have not gotten an answer yet. I found that when I sent a message to a seller, it was ending up in my Panjo Inbox instead of going out to seller

In the interim, I would click on the seller's name in the ad and try to send a regular Private Message rather than a Panjo Message.

I was a seller and received a message from Panjo telling me that there was a message. I opened the message...a buyer wanted to set up a time to look at the article. I tried responding and got an "undeliverable message"
I liked the old system MUCH better.

TOTV Team 11-13-2014 05:51 PM

We have been looking into this as well.

Indydealmaker 11-13-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 967844)
We have been looking into this as well.

If it were up to me (which of course it is not), I would interface the "messages" with the parties' email addresses. Although, of course, sellers and buyers have to be trained (flogged) to actually look at their emails daily.

PANJO 11-13-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indydealmaker (Post 967696)

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. We'd love to figure out what happened for you.

1. What was the item you reached out to? A URL would be helpful.
2. Did you receive an email notification about your new message? If so, can you forward a copy of that email to juan@Panjo.com?

Sincerely,
Juan @ Panjo Support

Indydealmaker 11-13-2014 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PANJO (Post 967860)
Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. We'd love to figure out what happened for you.

1. What was the item you reached out to? A URL would be helpful.
2. Did you receive an email notification about your new message? If so, can you forward a copy of that email to juan@Panjo.com?

Sincerely,
Juan @ Panjo Support

This problem has occurred on all of the messages that I have sent to Sellers. I do not hear back from seller and when I look in my Inbox, my outgoing messages are there. Here is a screenshot. Several other members have also reported that the sellers are not receiving their messages.

I have received no email notifications.

Attachment 46043

Here is the URL of the seller's item:
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/classifieds.php?p[mshow]=listing&p[id]=motorcycle-harley-v-rod-160362

villagetinker 11-13-2014 10:59 PM

Admin,

I recently sent you a note complaining about not getting a response from a seller after multiple tries. It looks like you have a MUCH BIGGER problem. Assuming that I ever get my merchandise, this will probably be the last time I use this PANJO site.

VT

PANJO 11-14-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indydealmaker (Post 967924)
This problem has occurred on all of the messages that I have sent to Sellers. I do not hear back from seller and when I look in my Inbox, my outgoing messages are there. Here is a screenshot. Several other members have also reported that the sellers are not receiving their messages.

I have received no email notifications.

Attachment 46043

Here is the URL of the seller's item:
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/classifieds.php?p[mshow]=listing&p[id]=motorcycle-harley-v-rod-160362

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the detailed information. I looked into your report and want to confirm for other people reading this thread that the seller did receive your message, and did respond.

I think, in general, there is confusion about how the message system works. All messages between you and other users appear in a "conversation thread" in the messages inbox. This is true even when you send the first message in a conversation. It sits in the inbox until a reply comes in below it.

We're sincerely sorry for the confusion. We are looking into design changes that will make this clearer. We are also considering incorporating "read receipts" so that you may know if the recipient has read your message or not.

Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions for how to improve the message system, or Panjo in general.

We truly appreciate your feedback and assistance in testing this!

Sincerely,
Juan @ Panjo Support

Indydealmaker 11-14-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PANJO (Post 968209)
Hi Steven,

Thanks for the detailed information. I looked into your report and want to confirm for other people reading this thread that the seller did receive your message, and did respond.

I think, in general, there is confusion about how the message system works. All messages between you and other users appear in a "conversation thread" in the messages inbox. This is true even when you send the first message in a conversation. It sits in the inbox until a reply comes in below it.

We're sincerely sorry for the confusion. We are looking into design changes that will make this clearer. We are also considering incorporating "read receipts" so that you may know if the recipient has read your message or not.

Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions for how to improve the message system, or Panjo in general.

We truly appreciate your feedback and assistance in testing this!

Sincerely,
Juan @ Panjo Support

As of today, I have finally received a reply from a Seller.

I agree that some changes need to be incorporated. This area should function more like a traditional email control panel with Inbox and Sent mail. I also received a reply from a Seller to whom I had directed an query last month by resending yesterday via TOTV Private Mail. They indicated that they had not previously received it.

Bully for the fixes!

Barefoot 11-14-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indydealmaker (Post 968218)
As of today, I have finally received a reply from a Seller. Bully for the fixes!

Bully for you!
You went to the trouble of contacting Panjo and detailing the problems. :coolsmiley:

gomoho 11-14-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 962958)
I have seen several complaints with ToTV recently. Here is what I found that worked for me.

I deleted my old bookmark. Then I manually went to the site, by typing in:
www.talofthe villages.com.

Once at the site, I recreated my bookmark, and then entered the site as normal.

This has cleared up a long standing problem that I was having, and may have cleared up some interment problems.

I hope this helps others.:wave:

Tinker - experienced the same problem - could not get access with my old bookmark for days. Finally typed in the site and was able to get access no problem - not sure what the deal is, but obviously am now up and running.

Diedra 11-14-2014 09:09 PM

So glad to hear other people are experiencing buying/selling troubles w/ Panjo. I have tried all the suggestions listed here & nothing has worked. Ocala4sale or Craigslist, anyone? Diedra