Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Pickleball (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pickleball-334/)
-   -   Why no Pay per hour lighted courts? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pickleball-334/why-no-pay-per-hour-lighted-courts-133100/)

Topspinmo 11-16-2014 11:38 AM

Why no Pay per hour lighted courts?

I was wondering why no lighted pickleball courts with all the players? Course charge for 60 mins to offset cost? Has this topic come up before?

rubicon 11-16-2014 12:23 PM

IMHO you are opening up a can of worms :popcorn:

kansasr 11-16-2014 12:25 PM

I can't think of any PB courts that are far enough away from residences that this wouldn't be a noise problem at night.

Mikeod 11-16-2014 02:22 PM

Not to mention the light affecting residences.

billethkid 11-16-2014 02:24 PM

and I would bet the utilization will be disappontingly too low to justify ANY consideration.

I am talking the reality of real time utilization and not verbalized intent before hand.....they NEVER match up.

Maybe a better received suggestion would be for all those who want to play night pickle ball sign up for a special assessment to fund and maintain them.....hence only those who profess to need it will be happy to pay for it....eh?

Bogie Shooter 11-16-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rc Moser (Post 968990)
I was wondering why no lighted pickleball courts with all the players? Course charge for 60 mins to offset cost? Has this topic come up before?

Did you notice any lighted courts before you moved here?

redwitch 11-16-2014 04:15 PM

I'd guess liability would also be a big factor. As it is, there are more pickleball injuries here than from any other sport.

Average Guy 11-16-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 969064)
Did you notice any lighted courts before you moved here?

I'm pretty sure they were right next to one of the enclosed pools, right?

:1rotfl::1rotfl:

rubicon 11-16-2014 04:36 PM

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Topspinmo 11-16-2014 05:43 PM

I guess that answers that question? I still not too old, so I don't go to bed before 7PM. I like some of the smart$$$ answers like baabaa before you moved here. How about before you moved here? And we wonder why post turn sour.

Jconn62836 11-17-2014 06:58 AM

How does your shoe taste

Madelaine Amee 11-17-2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 969105)
I'd guess liability would also be a big factor. As it is, there are more pickleball injuries here than from any other sport.

Have to agree ............. we have become a litigious society and there are attorneys that will find a reason to sue if you break a nail, so could you imagine what would happen if you had an accident at night playing pickleball. Also, have you ever driven past the high school when they are playing at night? The lighting illuminates the whole area and must be somewhat difficult to get used to if you live in that immediate area.

However, what a great idea for a new business on the outskirts of TV. Imagine an indoor, fully lighted arena with AC ............. The place would be a gold mine.

Cisco Kid 11-17-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rc Moser (Post 969163)
I guess that answers that question? I still not too old, so I don't go to bed before 7PM. I like some of the smart$$$ answers like baabaa before you moved here. How about before you moved here? And we wonder why post turn sour.

At Least no one said if you don't like it move. :loco:

bkcunningham1 11-17-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rc Moser (Post 968990)

I think it would be a great idea to add a few of the paid timers on some of the courts. You should take that to the Amenities Authority Committee. VCDD Amenity Authority Committee - AAC

I spoke before them twice on behalf of a group of us who wanted to get lights and fans under a shelter at the Hilltop Pool on the original side. They were great and explained everything to us and we got the lights and fans under the shelter. You never know until you try. It is our money and they work for us.

Bonny 11-17-2014 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cisco Kid (Post 969323)
At Least no one said if you don't like it move. :loco:

Ha, ha, that's what I always tell people ! :1rotfl: