Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Miz Kathi’s Cotillion Southern Cafe (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/miz-kathis-cotillion-southern-cafe-133491/)

eweissenbach 11-24-2014 04:09 PM

Miz Kathi’s Cotillion Southern Cafe

in Wildwood? It is quite small and in a quaint old bank building, but the food is fantastic IMHO. Homemade southern cooking and while I am not into dessert, I am told the pies are to die for. Anyone else had a good, or a bad experience there?

borjo 11-24-2014 04:14 PM

Wonderful! Very attractive presentations.

JSR22 11-24-2014 04:34 PM

Cotillion

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 972402)
in Wildwood? It is quite small and in a quaint old bank building, but the food is fantastic IMHO. Homemade southern cooking and while I am not into dessert, I am told the pies are to die for. Anyone else had a good, or a bad experience there?

We eat there frequently. Definitely one of our top 5 favorites. The new place 2 doors down has terrific baked goods, salads, sandwiches and quiche.

jnieman 11-24-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 972402)

Went there once and fell in love with the place. Loved everything on my plate. Ordered grits instead of mashed potatoes with my gravy and was so glad I did. Definitely not a place to go if you're on a diet but once in a while it is great. The big coconut cake slice was awesome. Haven't been there for lunch, just dinner.

jebartle 11-24-2014 05:08 PM

We love the Cotillion...

Please get reservations, this is a very popular restaurant!...You won't be disappointed! I think I must put on pounds just LOOKING at the giant cakes...Yuuum!

applesoffh 11-24-2014 05:15 PM

Great place! Have been there many times for lunch, and recommend it highly.

alwann 11-24-2014 05:26 PM

Cotillion

Exceptionally yummy dishes. It is to die for. I think it may be on the Heart Association's "most wanted list." The kind of cooking that made Paula Dean fat. Who can say no to chicken 'n' waffles for dinner?

LndLocked 11-24-2014 06:15 PM

Excellent food and deserts are outstanding!!

STRONGLY advise reservations this time of year

tainsley 11-24-2014 06:33 PM

Great food! Shrimp Salad on a croissant is my favorite. Fried green tomatoes...yummy! I am not a dessert person but my friends are! They just yummm while they savor every bite! Miz Kathie opened up a sweet shoppe next door too!

casita37 11-24-2014 07:07 PM

Home made pimento cheese!!!!!! No reason to say more.....

NYGUY 11-24-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 972417)
We eat there frequently. Definitely one of our top 5 favorites. The new place 2 doors down has terrific baked goods, salads, sandwiches and quiche.

Went for dinner once with friends and loved it!!

What is "the new place 2 doors down"?

cattywampus 11-24-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYGUY (Post 972563)
Went for dinner once with friends and loved it!!

What is "the new place 2 doors down"?

2 Doors to the North is "The Sweetery"

AMAZING Pies and Cakes.

Usually also have two types of Quiche for lunch and Sandwiches too.

Cotillion and Sweetery are Same Family, different generations.

rdhdleo 11-24-2014 11:29 PM

Awesome place, incredible food and oh my the desserts!!!! Yummmmmm

MikeV 11-24-2014 11:51 PM

My wife and I love it there.

salpal 11-25-2014 01:42 PM

IMHO, I like the food at Southern C. but I think it is very dirty. The dust on all the decorations was an inch thick when I was last there (over two years ago). The restroom was disgusting as well. I never returned to see if they cleaned the place up. The Sweetery is a cute place and yummy baked goods.