Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   I enjoyed getting a root canal...only Dr. Ghazal....! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/i-enjoyed-getting-root-canal-only-dr-ghazal-135856/)

kittygilchrist 12-16-2014 07:16 PM

I enjoyed getting a root canal...only Dr. Ghazal....!

Making a long story short, I got a most excellent gen dentistry visiit with Dr. Jaber who showed me the abcess on xray and referred to Dr. Ghazal for root canal.
I know my way around root canals as a patient, but was not prepared for this guy.
Fully communicating all risks, possible experiences during procedure, etc, he threw a mouth tarp over me and said something like "let's do this root canal. I eat, sleep and drink root canals. Focus on your breath, a little pinch coming here."
I was more entertained with his focus, humor, and quick shifting gears than I was concerned about having the root canal. Utmost professionalism, uncanny touch as a mentalist...go see Dr. Ghazal if you need an endodondist!
He was, and I am not being paid, the perfect guy to know he is absolutely competent and help you relax.

bettymg1866 12-16-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 981887)
Making a long story short, I got a most excellent gen dentistry visiit with Dr. Jaber who showed me the abcess on xray and referred to Dr. Ghazal for root canal.
I know my way around root canals as a patient, but was not prepared for this guy.
Fully communicating all risks, possible experiences during procedure, etc, he threw a mouth tarp over me and said something like "let's do this root canal. I eat, sleep and drink root canals. Focus on your breath, a little pinch coming here."
I was more entertained with his focus, humor, and quick shifting gears than I was concerned about having the root canal. Utmost professionalism, uncanny touch as a mentalist...go see Dr. Ghazal if you need an endodondist!
He was, and I am not being paid, the perfect guy to know he is absolutely competent and help you relax.

Agreed - I have had two root canals done by him and have NEVER felt any pain.... nice guy - a bit pricey but well worth it!!!!!

pumacats14 12-16-2014 10:32 PM

I had a root canal done last week by Dr Ghazal and it was the best experience I have ever had at a dentist. I was out of the office within an hour smiling! If a root canal is needed he's the one!

CBarkley 12-17-2014 08:27 PM

Would you recommend Dr Jaber as a general dentist? My dentist won't take my insurance anymore and I am needing a crown due to a cracked filling.

graciegirl 12-17-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBarkley (Post 982449)
Would you recommend Dr Jaber as a general dentist? My dentist won't take my insurance anymore and I am needing a crown due to a cracked filling.

Reem Jabar is excellent. Alex Ghazel is too. Wonderful.

Fourpar 12-18-2014 03:30 PM

Another happy patient of both Drs Jabar and Ghazel! Both great at their jobs, and both HATE to inflict pain!

Trish Crocker 12-19-2014 11:04 PM

This is so good to hear! I assisted my husband while he did many root canals and we actually had patients fall asleep during the procedure. It's great to hear about good dentists! (we're going to be looking so we don't have to get work done in Michigan)

graciegirl 12-20-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 981887)

I am a HUGE fan of this fine young dentist. He is a graduate of University of Florida's College of Dentistry and he is professional and so competent and makes you SO comfortable. I asked if Sweetie could be with me and that was NO problem. He is very good and VERY, VERY, Handsome too, and he has beautiful children. I asked and he showed us pictures.

It did not hurt AT ALL. His high tech dental equipment is amazing.

Topspinmo 12-24-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bettymg1866 (Post 981951)
Agreed - I have had two root canals done by him and have NEVER felt any pain.... nice guy - a bit pricey but well worth it!!!!!

Never felt any pain. Could of been the laughing gas? :1rotfl:
I had root canal I never felt any pain. My dentists said jokingly some people come just for the laughing gas!:shocked:

Thing I noticed I almost had migraine before I when in. When I came out my migraine was gone.

Janet & Carl 12-26-2014 09:39 AM

I was also impressed with Dr. Alex Ghazel, recommended by my wonderful dentist, Dr. Jack Kline @ Aspen Dental. So when you are in need of a root canal, see Dr. Alex, general dentistry, see Dr. Jack. Good Luck............Janet