Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Recommendation for a decent vet in the villages? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/recommendation-decent-vet-villages-13592/)

flowerpower55 05-10-2008 08:13 PM

Recommendation for a decent vet in the villages?

hi everyone
we have a beautiful l7 year old sheltie
she can see hear still is playful but has some arthiritis now..
living in tv 3 years ..and still have not found a decent vet.
i hardly take her anymore at her age to a vet..but it would be nice
if someone knew a vet that cared for senior dogs and was halfway
decent.
any suggestions or referrals are most welcome.
thank you and God bless
p.s. its a miracle she looks and acts so great for l7, everyone loves here in the town squares when we take her out:)
take care...
marlene in tv

ouma1938 05-10-2008 08:25 PM

Re: Recommendation for a decent vet in the villages?

I can't help on this one but would like to add that if anyone knows a good vet for birds I would be greateful. We will be moving to TV as soon as our house sells and I have a kitten and bird and need an avian vet. I have a terrific vet here in SC and am trying to convince her to move to TV but no luck so far. Any thoughts would be great!
Thanks

Avista 05-10-2008 11:47 PM

We've been very pleased with Park Heights. Their sister vet is Village Animal Hospital. Here is their web site. You can read about their vets.

Park Heights is not too far from 466A and 27/441. Coming from 466A, make a right. It is on the right hand side of the road.
http://www.meowandbowwow.com/home.shtml

Taltarzac 05-11-2008 12:05 PM

Same here. We have the same Vets at the Villages Veterinarian.

SteveZ 05-11-2008 01:39 PM

After a miserable experience with "Paws," at the recommendation of our Lakeland Terrier's groomer, went to Dr. Timothy Porter in Wildwood. Quite satisfied!

beady 05-13-2008 07:54 PM

Mulberry Grove Animal Hospital on Hwy 42. Two great doc's. Fair prices and caring people.

beady 05-13-2008 07:57 PM

Forgot to mention thay take care of our senior cocker spaniel who has arthritis, and heart problems. He is 12 and thinks he is 3, still active because of his good caring vet.

mpfrancese 05-21-2008 08:08 PM

Thanks for the information on finding a vet. We just retired and will be coming to the Village with our cocker spaniel "Madison". She's a rescued dog. I've had her 8 years already. Vet thought she was around 5 or 6 when I adopted her. But I think they were wrong ... she is much too fiesty and still jumps like a rabbit when she knows I'm giving her a treat!! I'm worried about the move though, she scares very easily and I'm not sure how she is going to handle new surroundings.

marianne237 05-21-2008 08:23 PM

I know it's not proper to say this, but do stay away from Paws Vet Clinic. She caused my dog to lose her hearing, and their fees are out of line IMHO.

mfp509 05-21-2008 08:23 PM

I take my dog to Dr Valdez at Park Heights - I am very satisfied there and have heard very things about Dr Valdez which is why I chose to go there. My dog is a rescue dog and is 11 yrs old.

For a good cat vet - I go to Brick City Cat Hospital in Ocala. The vets there are Dr Salpeter and Dr Fleck. They brought my cat around 100% after one yr of going to another vet and then up to the University because she was so sick. I couldn't be more grateful for these 2 women vets.

Rokinronda 05-23-2008 10:33 PM

Dr. Valdez!!!!! My bubba had a liver problem. Probably cancer per Dr. Valdez. We did not know if he would survive. With diet and medication, I must say Bubba and I had another wonderful healthy, puppyish year. Then it was time. Dr. Valdez was caring, loving, thorough. :bigthumbsup:

nONIE 05-23-2008 11:12 PM

Ouma,

I know how hard it is to find a good avian vet, or to find any avian vet for that matter. Good luck in finding one, we want our precious little birdies to get only the best of care. They are so fragile.Did you happen to look in The Villages phone book? Or are you specifically looking for recomendations?

Mabe calling the local petstores in and around TV would help.

villagerjudy 06-04-2008 09:39 PM

Country Oakes Vets are the only one that I know of that have their own emergency service at their office. That may have changed since I researched it. For me it is very important NOT to have to drive to Leesburg if my dog is hurt at an inappropriate hour but have one close by

garsha 06-16-2008 01:40 PM

How about the vet by Laurel Manor? Is that Paws?

Happy62 06-16-2008 02:01 PM

MULBERRY VET CLINIC ON 42 BETWEEN 441 AND 301... GREAT :bigthumbsup: