Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   What is a "village ready golf cart" (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/what-village-ready-golf-cart-137741/)

lafoto 01-02-2015 04:13 PM

What is a "village ready golf cart"

Sorry to bother you nice folks with a dumb question...
but I cannot find the rules as to what constitutes a "village ready golf cart"
Thanks in advance!!

billethkid 01-02-2015 04:32 PM

my guess is they mean it has the appropriate running and brake lights, turn signals, etc.

village dreamer 01-02-2015 08:03 PM

and horn and maybe side curtains

lafoto 01-02-2015 10:35 PM

I am sure i read somewhere about tire types and weight and other requirements....
but sadly i cannot find that info now that i need it.

DonH57 01-02-2015 10:51 PM

[QUOTE=billethkid;989324]my guess is they mean it has the appropriate running and brake lights, turn signals, etc.[/iut seQUOTE]

I think your explanation is the best. The cart has the necessary extras to be on the village streets beyond golf course use but not street legally registered.

DougB 01-02-2015 11:07 PM

Village ready means it's been modified to go over 30 miles an hour. It also has no turn signals and the horn automatically blows when going through any of the tunnels. :popcorn:

Barefoot 01-03-2015 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougB (Post 989481)
Village ready means it's been modified to go over 30 miles an hour. It also has no turn signals and the horn automatically blows when going through any of the tunnels. :popcorn:

You're the best DougB!:a040:

OldManTime 01-03-2015 06:04 AM

Beer Cooler

Bay Kid 01-03-2015 06:26 AM

Must be cool!

graciegirl 01-03-2015 07:13 AM

A Villages Ready Golf Cart has the owners names on the front or their nicknames, such as Mamaw and Me. There must be an insignia of the owners favorite sport team and a flag on the back next to two sets of golf clubs and the golf clubs must have important looking head covers including Snoopy. There must be a small cooler attached and a urinal filled with sand to repair divots on the golf course. Many Villages cannot operate their golf cart without a large dog in the passenger seat and their leg sticking out.

asianthree 01-03-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 989528)
A Villages Ready Golf Cart has the owners names on the front or their nicknames, such as Mamaw and Me. There must be an insignia of the owners favorite sport team and a flag on the back next to two sets of golf clubs and the golf clubs must have important looking head covers including Snoopy. There must be a small cooler attached and a urinal filled with sand to repair divots on the golf course. Many Villages cannot operate their golf cart without a large dog in the passenger seat and their leg sticking out.

:1rotfl::1rotfl:

TNLAKEPANDA 01-03-2015 08:23 AM

I think it has one of those Village License Plates!

2BNTV 01-03-2015 08:41 AM

How about a full tank of gas, as newbie's will be surprised, at how big, TV is. :D

kstew43 01-03-2015 09:08 AM

don't forget exercising that "middle finger" so its ready to be used when necessary and boning up on your swear words.....people need to get more creative.....the f word is getting old...

....get a thesaurus already.....give me something new...

DonH57 01-03-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 989528)

Those sand bottles are really urinals? Now I know why my sand o.ccasionally clumps up1:shrug: