Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   I've had a great time (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/ive-had-great-time-138102/)

eweissenbach 01-05-2015 11:16 AM

I've had a great time

over the last four years and 3443 posts! I've made several virtual friends and a few real life friends here. It has been fun for most of the five years, but not so much lately. I will check in from time to time, but for the most part I am going to spend my time with other interests. Danke, und Auf wiedersehen freundes!

redwitch 01-05-2015 01:09 PM

I hate the idea of your leaving. Like most things, TOTV goes up and down. Ignore the bad, take what you need and please stick around.

Halibut 01-05-2015 01:55 PM

Your posts brighten my day, Ed, so I'll miss them. Hopefully you'll look up in a couple of months and realize it would be fun to discuss the follies and foibles of Villages life again.

Madelaine Amee 01-05-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 990603)
over the last four years and 3443 posts! I've made several virtual friends and a few real life friends here. It has been fun for most of the five years, but not so much lately. I will check in from time to time, but for the most part I am going to spend my time with other interests. Danke, und Auf wiedersehen freundes!

I always read your posts, many others I don't. I will miss your input.

DonH57 01-05-2015 03:28 PM

I'll miss your posts and inputs as well Ed. Good luck with your future endeavors and check in with us from time to time.

tomwed 01-05-2015 03:28 PM

I also enjoy reading your posts. Sorry to see you go. I like how ex- teachers and coaches think. I can relate to that.

Chi-Town 01-05-2015 03:40 PM

Sorry to see you go. Just update your ignore list and stick around.

philnpat 01-05-2015 03:55 PM

Last week I logged on to TOTV early in the morning. There was a lengthy thread that seemed quite innocuous. Half way into the thread two posters were really going at it with one another. I now know what folks mean by saying they're bullied. I felt very sorry for the one poster who was getting beat up.
The moderator quickly removed the thread.
I truly feel sorry for the person who was bashed.
I've got to wonder why some folks are the way they are.
My ignore button is used often now.
Please stick around eweissenbach. Reading your posts often made my day.

CFrance 01-05-2015 05:26 PM

Ed... ditto to everyone above. You were the first person I encountered to give me some help in explaining to others what I wanted (a traditional church with liberal leanings) when I was pilloried as a newbie. I've always enjoyed reading your opinions and learning some things from you.

Wishing you and your family peace right now. And please... Don't go too far!

tedquick 01-05-2015 08:53 PM

Hate to see you go!

Quote:

You and I have differing views on most-things politics, but I always read with interest, what you have to say. While I may not agree with your particular viewpoint/s, your submissions require attention. My hope is that if you do take a short leave, it will indeed be short.

Best of luck in whatever you do, even if that is to create 3443 more posts. Take care!! :):)

tainsley 01-06-2015 08:59 AM

Your absence has been noticed by many of us as we have enjoyed your posts over the past few years. Happy New Year to you and your family.

quirky3 01-06-2015 11:06 AM

I'm with the rest of the posters, Ed.....you are high on my list of insightful and sincere posters whose posts I love to read. I hope you do return when it's good for you!

2BNTV 01-06-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Ditto!!!

rdhdleo 01-06-2015 05:52 PM

Hoping you'll stop by now and then and let everyone know how you are. I've always enjoyed your intelligent and informative posts. Thank you for all you have shared. Maybe at some point you'll reconsider, after a break? Wishing you and your family lots of quality time and good health!

Mr. Grampi II 01-06-2015 06:03 PM

Ed: I hope you will reconsider, I certainly understand as I saw you getting beat up on here recently ... I appreciate the perspective shared in your posts, please don't let the @#$%^'s get you down.
Mark