Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   The Ken Spano Repair Experience. Pros or Cons (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/ken-spano-repair-experience-pros-cons-138148/)

Nairb Yakcam 01-05-2015 03:44 PM

The Ken Spano Repair Experience. Pros or Cons

Mine not good at all, anybody else?

redwitch 01-05-2015 04:15 PM

Depends who you get from there. Some of the guys are great mechanics, a couple are so-so at best. I really like Willie Wilcoxon. He knows his carts, does most of the work at your house and has fair prices.

Old_As_Dirt 01-05-2015 04:22 PM

Wouldn't return phone call, bad businessman

goldseekur 01-05-2015 04:23 PM

:grumpy::censored::swear::agree:

JoMar 01-05-2015 04:43 PM

Not a fan

Miles42 01-05-2015 04:54 PM

Good to know.

Buckeye 01-05-2015 05:08 PM

I had good service for 4 years on my Par Car. They always gave me a replacement cart when repair was not performed in my driveway. Prices were always fair and repairs done properly. No complaints from me.

gatherer47 01-05-2015 05:48 PM

I use Willie Wilcoxin-very reliable

spring_chicken 01-05-2015 05:52 PM

Not a fan at all. They installed a battery meter, and by the time they were done, my stereo no longer worked. No response. Won't return calls.

karostay 01-05-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 990771)
Depends who you get from there. Some of the guys are great mechanics, a couple are so-so at best. I really like Willie Wilcoxon. He knows his carts, does most of the work at your house and has fair prices.

Honest Willy has my Vote :bowdown::eclipsee_gold_cup::gc:

villager 01-05-2015 06:01 PM

Run, Forest Run away from Spano. Can't say anything positive about their service.

Fourpar 01-05-2015 10:43 PM

Over the years I have purchased at least 3 sets of batteries from Ken Spano. All at a good price and professionally installed. And when it comes time for more batteries, they will get the first call. Never been disappointed with the folks at Ken Spano.

goldseekur 01-06-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourpar (Post 991017)
Over the years I have purchased at least 3 sets of batteries from Ken Spano. All at a good price and professionally installed. And when it comes time for more batteries, they will get the first call. Never been disappointed with the folks at Ken Spano.

WOW, lucky you. I also had new batteries installed by them, [at a good price] in less than 1 year., had problem keeping charge. Sent a young guy out who only tested the battery with the " eye dropper" type equipment, which I had already done. Says they seem fine but would take it back to shop to have someone else "check it out", said that was all he could do to test the batteries here.

Says nothing wrong with batteries really, but one seemed to have a "little" bad cell, so replaced it. The diagnostic and the trip charges, over $140 later I got my cart back. :cus:

Fourpar 01-06-2015 10:50 PM

Just posted my experience with Spano, and that isn't going to change because you or anyone else had a problem. Don't take it personal.

Jody Fisher 02-06-2015 11:03 AM

When I moved here in 2010 I bought a used Club Car. I used Ken Spano for the first few years, but feel as though they've outgrown their ability to give good service, or, they just don't care. This past spring I had several bad experiences with them. As I saw on another post, every time they did a repair, the cart was returned with something else broken. Additionally, my side curtains were haphazardly rolled up with filthy hands and were returned in that condition. I'll never use them again.