Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Bank of America (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/bank-america-138199/)

ricthemic 01-05-2015 07:01 PM

Bank of America

///

Bill32 01-05-2015 07:35 PM

used my card several times today without issue

villagerjack 01-05-2015 08:30 PM

Contact BOA and get a new card.

NYGUY 01-05-2015 10:42 PM

This happened about 6 weeks ago. I got an email from BofA saying my card had been compromised (just after The Home Depot hacking) and that I would be getting a new card by a certain date, and that after that date, my current card would no longer be accepted. I did receive the new card shortly thereafter.

asianthree 01-06-2015 08:21 AM

Remember when you used cash for everything. We pay cash for everything now except for our mortgage

looneycat 01-06-2015 09:18 AM

the constant hacking attacks do make it hard to trust electronic payment systems. so many companies are trying to get you to use new forms like apple pay....I think that you have to be crazy to use these new methods before they have been fully vetted....just because apple says it is safe does not make it so. /this is based on my opinions and a life long career as an IT Consultant...do what you want...I'm just saying.....

memason 01-06-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looneycat (Post 991135)
the constant hacking attacks do make it hard to trust electronic payment systems. so many companies are trying to get you to use new forms like apple pay....I think that you have to be crazy to use these new methods before they have been fully vetted....just because apple says it is safe does not make it so. /this is based on my opinions and a life long career as an IT Consultant...do what you want...I'm just saying.....

I have to agree with you about the vetting of the new technologies, but with ApplePay, no one sees my credit card number, name or anything else. I use my thumbprint to validate a charge and that's it. I believe this will be the future of charge cards, in some form or another.

Other than identity fraud, credit cards are a safe bet. I've never had a card company refuse to refund a fraudulent charge to my account.

Just my .02 and I love ApplePay...wish everyone could take it....

perrjojo 01-06-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 991153)
I have to agree with you about the vetting of the new technologies, but with ApplePay, no one sees my credit card number, name or anything else. I use my thumbprint to validate a charge and that's it. I believe this will be the future of charge cards, in some form or another.

Other than identity fraud, credit cards are a safe bet. I've never had a card company refuse to refund a fraudulent charge to my account.

Just my .02 and I love ApplePay...wish everyone could take it....

:agree:
I agree. I have had my credit cards refunded for fraulent use but never had anyone refund cash that was stolen from me. There is always risk in everything.

looneycat 01-06-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perrjojo (Post 991170)
:agree:
I agree. I have had my credit cards refunded for fraulent use but never had anyone refund cash that was stolen from me. There is always risk in everything.

ok, tick, tick, tick....we'll see..

Bonanza 01-06-2015 05:25 PM

Bank of America -- The Worst Bank in the World!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthemic (Post 990883)
Something weird today. While purchasing gas today my BOA Visa was refused and we pay the balance never late. Called BoA, also very weird the 40 minute wait time. Said they are very busy and They said it was compromised. We never got called. My question is
Anyone else recently?

If BOA was the last bank on this earth, I would put my money in my mattress. There customer service is the worst. To have to wait 40 minutes to speak to someone and then be told they are busy, is beyond outrageous.

They said your card was compromised and never gave you any details? They never called you to let you know? I would take my business elsewhere. There are too many other banks that do give true customer service.

Cut up that credit card and walk!

njbchbum 01-06-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonanza (Post 991400)
If BOA was the last bank on this earth, I would put my money in my mattress. There customer service is the worst. To have to wait 40 minutes to speak to someone and then be told they are busy, is beyond outrageous.
snipped

Sorry to hear that! BoA has never been anything but professional and most helpful in all of our dealings with them! In our NJ office we are always greeted by name and with smiles from all of their staff. It is hard to walk through their doors without a smile - going in and going out! And each of the Villages branches always smile at us! So of course - we smile right back! I just wish they were offering better interest rates on their accounts.

laceylady 01-06-2015 08:34 PM

I could not access my credit card account on line last nite. Called BOA and was told about the hacking. Card and online access worked fine today.

NYGUY 01-06-2015 11:15 PM

I have never had any problem with Bank of America since 1990!!!

dbussone 01-06-2015 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYGUY (Post 991598)
I have never had any problem with Bank of America since 1990!!!

I didn't either until they bought Country Wide Mortgage. After that it was a complete disaster.

Bonanza 01-07-2015 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbchbum (Post 991446)
Sorry to hear that! BoA has never been anything but professional and most helpful in all of our dealings with them! In our NJ office we are always greeted by name and with smiles from all of their staff. It is hard to walk through their doors without a smile - going in and going out! And each of the Villages branches always smile at us! So of course - we smile right back! I just wish they were offering better interest rates on their accounts.

Regardless of what you think, smiling and being greeted by name are probably the lowest form of what most people would refer to as being professional. I am talking about actual business dealings, and not about "what is your rate of interest today," or "please tell me what my balance is." I am speaking about the real challenges of customer service to the customers who are actually paying your salary.

The OP stated a gasoline charge was turned down. When she called BOA the OP was simply told their card was compromised with no details. This was after the customer was on hold for 40 minutes. BOA never even called the customer! There are other examples but in a nutshell, I don't know how they are still in business.

So let them keep smiling. As I said -- they will never get one cent of mine!