Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Sharon Morse Performing Arts Center (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/sharon-morse-performing-arts-center-138315/)

JoMar 01-06-2015 04:02 PM

Sharon Morse Performing Arts Center

Does anyone have an update on when it is planned to open?

Bizdoc 01-06-2015 06:27 PM

I haven't seen anything. However, last week I got a renewal notice for the last 3 concerts of the Philharmonic season which were supposed to be at the Sharon, but are now scheduled for Savannah Center. Something tells me that the Sharon is running a little behind whatever magic schedule was planned.

2BNTV 01-07-2015 09:38 AM

Today's paper said they are putting the finishing touches on, whatever that means.

A sales rep said she thought that it might late January or early February for the grand opening.

graciegirl 01-07-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 991727)
Today's paper said they are putting the finishing touches on, whatever that means.

A sales rep said she thought that it might late January or early February for the grand opening.

Oh Goody. We can have an after soiree at our house with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and milk. You up for it Joe???

TVMayor 01-07-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 991788)
Oh Goody. We can have an after soiree at our house with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and milk. You up for it Joe???

About 2 weeks ago I talked to a worker in the building and he said Jan 19.

2BNTV 01-08-2015 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 991788)
oh goody. We can have an after soiree at our house with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and milk. You up for it joe???

yup!!!!!

mrdills 01-08-2015 12:03 PM

Where is the parking going to be at?

Yorio 01-08-2015 05:47 PM

Does anyone know the total capacity for Sharon? Sometime ago I heard numbers from 800 to 1200. That's a big leeway. Bigger the capacity believe they can contract top notch entertainment.

ROCKETMAN 01-08-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdills (Post 992390)
Where is the parking going to be at?

I think the capacity is around1100 and there is a parking lot in back for 67 cars. So if you have 2 sold out performences, rocky at the square and a good band at katie bells, where will everyone park? That does not include the restaurants and the movie theaters.:lipsrsealed:

JoMar 01-08-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN (Post 992598)
I think the capacity is around1100 and there is a parking lot in back for 67 cars. So if you have 2 sold out performences, rocky at the square and a good band at katie bells, where will everyone park? That does not include the restaurants and the movie theaters.:lipsrsealed:

Could be more business for The Villages Taxi

Bosoxfan 01-08-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

There's plenty of parking at all the squares. The only thing is you might have to walk a block or two!

dotti105 01-08-2015 09:53 PM

I am not a negative person. Really!!

But we were a bit disappointed in the concert seating at the Savannah Center. (That makes me sound like a snob, which I am not! Truly!)

The entertainment was great. But the folding chairs with no space between rows surprised us. We did expect theater quality seats. Everything else here is top notch!

We are hoping that the Sharon Morse Center will be what we were expecting at Savannah.

Bogie Shooter 01-08-2015 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti105 (Post 992663)
I am not a negative person. Really!!

But we were a bit disappointed in the concert seating at the Savannah Center. (That makes me sound like a snob, which I am not! Truly!)

The entertainment was great. But the folding chairs with no space between rows surprised us. We did expect theater quality seats. Everything else here is top notch!

We are hoping that the Sharon Morse Center will be what we were expecting at Savannah.

Looks like it will be First Class.............and exceed your expectations, hopefully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJ9rW41C6M

Halibut 01-09-2015 04:53 AM

Dotti, you can subscribe to The Villages email newsletter, if you don't already. It sometimes includes updates on major construction projects.

TVMayor 01-09-2015 08:45 AM

Quote:

If I am going to attended a show at the Sharon Morse Performing Arts Center I will go to the parking lot behind the center and put a string across a parking space or maybe take possession of an orange cone that is not being used and reserve my parking spot.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...B7e_sQI_reebFw