Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   PANJO and Craiglist (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/panjo-craiglist-138602/)

villagetinker 01-08-2015 06:51 PM

PANJO and Craiglist

Well I tried the "classified" section to get rid of some stuff FOR FREE. I was directed to the Panjo site, where I entered all of the info. This was 3 weeks ago. I went to check my ad and COULD NOT FIND IT. Tried several different searches, complained to ToTV. Eventually found the ad, never got a response, surprise, I doubt anyone else saw the ad. I even got 2 notices from Panjo asking if my stuff sold.

Yesterday placed an ad on Craigslist, stuff gone today, with 3 other offers.

Guess what, going to use CL in the future.

DougB 01-08-2015 06:56 PM

I've never used Panjo, but I buy and sell on Craig's List frequently. Never had a problem and items sell fast if you are realistic with your asking price.

pumacats14 01-08-2015 07:18 PM

We sold four things on Panjo and two things on Craigs list, prices must be reasonable. On Panjo an email is sent when live, it was fun to sell things and meet people

jrdonn 01-08-2015 08:20 PM

What is the closest area for listing on Craig's List, e.g. North Central FL, Orlando, etc.?

jrdonn 01-08-2015 08:25 PM

After looking at CL a little. It looks like Ocala would be the closest geographic posting/selling area. Yes?

Miles42 01-08-2015 10:49 PM

It would appear to be Ocala. Yes.

LndLocked 01-09-2015 12:17 AM

I have successfully sold multiple items on: the "old" TOTV classifieds, Panjo, craigslist. I have had little to no problems with the mechanics of any of the 3 and all have worked successfully for me.

While craigslist reaches a larger audience ..... listings in popular categories will tend to be driven down the list as new ones are posted.

IMO .... one if the single biggest factors of how fast an item sells is .... timing. You have to have someone looking for what you are selling and see your listing.

cquick 01-09-2015 10:37 AM

Panjo keeps sending me an email asking if my item has sold. I gave the item away to a friend. I have tried cancelling my ad, but Panjo sends a message saying there's a problem and administration will be notified. I am just leaving it on the site, I guess.

my other 2 items sold the same day I put up the ad.

Packer Fan 01-09-2015 11:24 AM

I have emailed about 5 sellers on Panjo from this site and NONE have responded. I am getting a little annoyed to be honest. I think I will start PMing the sellers directly

sgiamp1 01-09-2015 11:33 AM

removing your listing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packer Fan (Post 992826)
I have emailed about 5 sellers on Panjo from this site and NONE have responded. I am getting a little annoyed to be honest. I think I will start PMing the sellers directly

I cannot figure out how to remove my items once they have sold. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Moderator 01-09-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiamp1 (Post 992829)
I cannot figure out how to remove my items once they have sold. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

If you had your buyer click on the Buy Now button, Panjo will automatically mark the item sold. You can still do this now.

LndLocked 01-09-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiamp1 (Post 992829)

on the upper right hand corner of your listing is a "edit listing" box. click on the arrow then click on the "cancel listing"

villagetinker 01-09-2015 01:25 PM

I was not clear on my initial post. The Panjo site is clumsy to use, very confusing, and very unresponsive. I see from some of the above posts that others have similar problems. I have no idea if my FREE stuff was removed when I tried to remove it. The site is so convoluted that I have no idea how to find the ad to confirm removal.

My point, as some other have stated, was why are we forced to use the Panjo site, bring back the "villages only" for sale site on ToTV.

Jus my opinion based on my own experiences.

JRichm369 01-09-2015 01:39 PM

Panjo is a problem for me as well, I listed a few things a while ago, they were given to charity Panjo keeps asking me if items are gone, it offers a link to edit however the link will not open. Also sometimes I can see photos of listings and sometimes I can not, a real problem to navigate.

LndLocked 01-09-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 992897)
I was not clear on my initial post. The Panjo site is clumsy to use, very confusing, and very unresponsive. I see from some of the above posts that others have similar problems. I have no idea if my FREE stuff was removed when I tried to remove it. The site is so convoluted that I have no idea how to find the ad to confirm removal.

My point, as some other have stated, was why are we forced to use the Panjo site, bring back the "villages only" for sale site on ToTV.

Jus my opinion based on my own experiences.

Go the the panjo site.
move cursor to the down arrow in the "marketplace tools" box
click on "your listings"

There everything that you have active on Panjo will be shown. Directly under "actions" you can edit or remove a listing.

I personally have no problem with Panjo and find that it is no harder to use than craigslist ..... or the old TOTV classifieds for that matter (pic sizes were somewhat problematic on it)