Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Thief among us!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/thief-among-us-138734/)

leej63 01-09-2015 08:23 PM

Thief among us!!

To the person who stole my practice ball caddy out of my golf cart today at Sarasota Practice facility, don't show your face again because someone saw you & if they see you again you may pay big time. Why are some people so stupid?

raynan 01-09-2015 08:47 PM

Wow that's really low! Sorry it happened to you.

Sandtrap328 01-09-2015 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leej63 (Post 993051)
To the person who stole my practice ball caddy out of my golf cart today at Sarasota Practice facility, don't show your face again because someone saw you & if they see you again you may pay big time. Why are some people so stupid?

What is a practice ball caddy? How big is it? What do they cost?

redwitch 01-09-2015 09:37 PM

Wow! I can understand being upset, but why the threats? And why not just keep quiet, wait for that individual to show up again and call the police?

chuckinca 01-09-2015 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 993067)
What is a practice ball caddy? How big is it? What do they cost?

Maybe a Shag Bag cost around $20 - $30:

graciegirl 01-09-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 993078)
Wow! I can understand being upset, but why the threats? And why not just keep quiet, wait for that individual to show up again and call the police?

Red is right. As usual.

missypie 01-09-2015 11:17 PM

Perhaps instead saying a thief, it was a person with dementia. We do live in an aging population. This whole thing could be just a big mistake.

kcrazorbackfan 01-09-2015 11:17 PM

What? A thief in The Villages? And one that steals golf equipment? Of course, without any personal markings, it will be hard to identify. One of life's little unfortunate experiences that will remind you not to leave things out where trash and riffraff can steal it.

joldnol 01-09-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 993111)
What? A thief in The Villages? And one that steals golf equipment? Of course, without any personal markings, it will be hard to identify. One of life's little unfortunate experiences that will remind you not to leave things out where trash and riffraff can steal it.

still amazed how trusting many villagers are......1000k golf clubs at the squares

Topspinmo 01-10-2015 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckinca (Post 993084)
Maybe a Shag Bag cost around $20 - $30:

I guessing it was full of golf balls, if so triple that cost or more.

Bonanza 01-10-2015 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missypie (Post 993110)
Perhaps instead saying a thief, it was a person with dementia. We do live in an aging population. This whole thing could be just a big mistake.

I, too, would like to give this thief the benefit of dementia, but let's get realistic.
In reality, it most likely was a plain, 'ole, no good klepto!

Barefoot 01-10-2015 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leej63 (Post 993051)

Could someone have been confused? Someone with a similar ball caddy in their own golf cart?
Or are you quite certain that the person deliberately stole your caddy?

graciegirl 01-10-2015 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joldnol (Post 993115)
still amazed how trusting many villagers are......1000k golf clubs at the squares

Yes, and more times than not, lost things are returned. You who are new here need to get used to the predominantly honest atmosphere here. Our generations were raised with more moral compass. Not everyone, but this is a surprisingly decent place to live. SO THERE.

You aren't in your old place anymore. So many wallets and purses and golf clubs and all kinds of things are returned when lost..

Maybe someone did steal it....but you newbies will be pleasantly surprised at this place. So live here a year before you jump to your conclusions. The majority of the folks who live here are just like you are.

red tail 01-10-2015 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 993134)
Yes, and more times than not, lost things are returned. You who are new here need to get used to the predominantly honest atmosphere here. Our generations were raised with more moral compass. Not everyone, but this is a surprisingly decent place to live. SO THERE.

You aren't in your old place anymore. So many wallets and purses and golf clubs and all kinds of things are returned when lost..

Maybe someone did steal it....but you newbies will be pleasantly surprised at this place. So live here a year before you jump to your conclusions. The majority of the folks who live here are just like you are.

nice post...I agree 100pct

asianthree 01-10-2015 06:49 AM

I remember at the pool one time a man came in yelling and screaming that someone had stolen his wife's purse out of the golf cart he was yelling at everybody screaming and threatening them. And then he and his wife walked out saying she shouldn't of left her purse in the cart walked over to their cart and there was her purse. Then his wife realized he had gone into someone else's cart. Both carts looked exactly the same parked two spaces over. So not dementia just sometimes my cart looks like yours. And let's be honest if someone's going to really take something it should be worth something other than a bag of old crappy balls. No pun intended