Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Ooma just Ooma (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/ooma-just-ooma-138921/)

HMLRHT1 01-11-2015 02:00 PM

Ooma just Ooma

I am thinking of getting Ooma and would like to hear from people who use just Ooma. I'm not interested in Vonage or Magic Jack or any other service. Please tell me if u have an issues and the pros and cons of the service.
Thanks,

Al

billethkid 01-11-2015 02:22 PM

I decided on Ooma and it has been a good choice. Except for an occasional....I really mean occasional delay (a finger snap) when entering numbers it is as clear and as accurate as the Sprint line we discontinued. Costs $3.3 per month for call anywhere in the USA anytime!!!!

Very easy install!

HMLRHT1 01-11-2015 02:38 PM

billethkid, what Internet provider do u use?

SisalPhil 01-11-2015 02:57 PM

We have it and works great with Comcast...

tuccillo 01-11-2015 03:25 PM

I use Ooma and have been happy with it. I use via Century Link internet access.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 (Post 993848)
I am thinking of getting Ooma and would like to hear from people who use just Ooma. I'm not interested in Vonage or Magic Jack or any other service. Please tell me if u have an issues and the pros and cons of the service.
Thanks,

Al

logdog 01-11-2015 03:36 PM

Very happy with Ooma. Less than $4 per month. Paired with Comcast internet which I wish I could get rid of because Comcast customer service is so bad. However, Comcast internet is fast and only $40 per month. I have a Panasonic 6.0 cordless 3 handset system with answering machine which works really well with Ooma. I can take the phone to the street without losing service. I also have Tracfone cell service for less than $7 per month to use if power/internet goes down and for travel.

Mr Jamie 01-11-2015 06:46 PM

I am an Ooma fan -- I have used it for several years and have been very satisfied with the quality and reliability.

Only recommendation is : ensure you have a fast broadband connection -- I have 50 Mb download.

bluedog103 01-11-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 (Post 993848)
Thanks,

Al

We've had Ooma for 3+ years and it works great. Sound quality is excellent and it's very reliable. Only glitch is not with Ooma but with Comcast internet. Sometimes it drops out causing Ooma to reboot but overall we're very please with the quality, reliability and of course price.

ahockeynut 01-11-2015 10:04 PM

We have had Ooma for a few years and it has worked great. Still nice to have a home phone number, if for no other reason to give out to businesses so you don't get unwanted calls on your cell

billethkid 01-11-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 (Post 993872)
billethkid, what Internet provider do u use?

I have Comcast.

Allegiance 01-11-2015 11:58 PM

Ooma is great and will work with slower Internet speeds. Have three of them for nearly 10 years.

HMLRHT1 01-12-2015 01:21 AM

Thanks everyone

Big O 01-12-2015 09:24 AM

I have heard you can transport Ooma from one place to another. (Like from my home up north to The Villages) Can you do this if you have different ISP's at each location? Do you have to set it up after each move?