Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Major accident on Morse (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/major-accident-morse-139195/)

redwitch 01-13-2015 11:02 AM

Major accident on Morse

Not sure if cleared up, yet, but suggest you stay away from Morse between 466 and Rio Grande. Cars and carts were being detoured onto side streets. Would have been okay but with lawn workers and moving vans blocking a lane and people not willing to take turns to get around them, a minor inconvenience became an hour and a half of impatience.

Don't know what happened and truly hoping everyone is okay or minor injuries, at most.

Bonny 01-13-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 994854)
Not sure if cleared up, yet, but suggest you stay away from Morse between 466 and Rio Grande. Cars and carts were being detoured onto side streets. Would have been okay but with lawn workers and moving vans blocking a lane and people not willing to take turns to get around them, a minor inconvenience became an hour and a half of impatience.

Don't know what happened and truly hoping everyone is okay or minor injuries, at most.

When I saw the thread topic saying, Major, I thought this was a really bad serious accident !
Hopefully it's not and everyone will be okay.

redwitch 01-13-2015 11:05 AM

Sigh, not so minor. The not to be named Villages news source says a head-on crash between golf cart and mini-van. Accident occurred at 9:30 am, traffic still jammed up and being detoured at 10:30.

downeaster 01-13-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 994854)

The local news outlet we are forbidden to name has an article and pics.

Bonny 01-13-2015 11:12 AM

Just read the article and saw the pictures ! :(
Praying that everyone will be okay.
They didn't say if the golf cart driver got thrown out. Hopefully he/she didn't.

Chatbrat 01-13-2015 11:42 AM

AS I said in the past--Golf Carts are not toys--if you tie with a car--guess who loses ? no excuse not to get seat belts !!!

NYGUY 01-13-2015 11:43 AM

A head-on collision would mean that one of the vehicles was on the wrong side of the road....hope everyone is OK!!

onslowe 01-13-2015 12:01 PM

Tragic. The golf cart driver died. Prayers for all involved.

Bonny 01-13-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onslowe (Post 994887)

OMG !! How tragic. Prayers for the family and all involved.

graciegirl 01-13-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onslowe (Post 994887)

Oh dear. I will add my prayers. Please all drive carefully.

Bonny 01-13-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYGUY (Post 994880)
A head-on collision would mean that one of the vehicles was on the wrong side of the road....hope everyone is OK!!

Or someone was turning in front of the other.

joldnol 01-13-2015 12:36 PM

tragic

bagboy 01-13-2015 12:47 PM

Sadly the driver of the golf cart did not survive the accident per an online news source. I don't know if it would have made any difference but installing seat belts on your golf cart is the best money you will ever spend here in The Villages.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 01-13-2015 12:57 PM

I was coming north on Morse from 466 and traffic was back up all the way through the gate.
They rerouted us through Carrera Drive. When I came out onto Morse on the north end of Carrera I could see the accident.

It looked to me that there were at least two cars and two golf carts involved. One car was well up into the embankment and I could see one of the golf carts was severely damaged.

I can't imagine what happened. Its a fairly straight section of road with no intersection nearby.

Maybe someone had a heart attack or stroke while driving.

joldnol 01-13-2015 01:00 PM

paper said the golf cart turned in front of the van