Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Singles (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/)
-   -   Are there (m)any single snowbirds in TV? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/there-m-any-single-snowbirds-tv-139271/)

manaboutown 01-13-2015 10:05 PM

Are there (m)any single snowbirds in TV?

I am just wondering because at least initially I would likely be a single snowbird.

If there are some would anyone hazard a guess as to their number or what percentage of snowbirds are single?

chachacha 01-13-2015 10:22 PM

of course there are many single snowbirds, but it is my observation that life is more difficult for a snowbird....coming here as half of a couple provides its own companionship, but trying to get really involved with friends, clubs, activities for a few months and then leaving in my opinion causes you to have to almost start over again each time you return. most either move here full time after a couple years of that, or just go back home. a very interesting topic and would like to hear from those who have the experience!

manaboutown 01-13-2015 11:18 PM

You make an excellent point, Cha x 3. Thank you.

Right now I am a "splitter" and for the last 25 years have spent time in two different states for business reasons. It requires extra effort on my part to retain social contacts in each place so I understand and relate to what you wrote.

Bay Kid 01-14-2015 01:42 PM

As a single snowbird I enjoy great golf once or twice a day, a few beers, a quiet dinner, rest and do it all again!

misky 01-14-2015 02:07 PM

I was a single snowbird for about a year until becoming a frog in 2014. I found that people in the activities I was involved with gladly wecomed me back.

folkh 01-14-2015 02:26 PM

I will be a single FROG June 2015!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

massage721 01-14-2015 05:17 PM

Their r three single clubs plus in the villages with many single nights at waterfront . Monday night , wednesday, and friday. Their are over 800 members injust one of the single clubs. Their are club groups for singles that also have a lot of social.

nataliefoeller 01-27-2015 11:52 PM

This is my 4th winter returning to TV but I am new to being single. I have found all my friends have welcomed me back warmly but most of my friends are married so it does feel different than it did when my husband was alive. I am only 52 so I do find myself wishing I could meet more friends my age.

Bay Kid 01-28-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nataliefoeller (Post 1002371)
This is my 4th winter returning to TV but I am new to being single. I have found all my friends have welcomed me back warmly but most of my friends are married so it does feel different than it did when my husband was alive. I am only 52 so I do find myself wishing I could meet more friends my age.

Everyday is an adventure in TVs. Golf this morning, then pickleball this afternoon. 3-4 days a week I play golf twice a day, but at least one round everyday. I get to meet lots of new people. One day I hope to find the right person to enjoy life with, but until then I will just try to enjoy life!

nataliefoeller 01-28-2015 06:34 PM

what is a FROG

I'm still learning a lot of the lingo...Cannot figure out what a FROG is?

Pat_RI 01-28-2015 07:44 PM

You're there till you croak.

Dancing Queen 01-28-2015 07:46 PM

Frog means when we retire here we intend to live here until we croak....
Natalie I sent you a private message.

folkh 01-28-2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nataliefoeller (Post 1002817)
I'm still learning a lot of the lingo...Cannot figure out what a FROG is?

Here until I croak!!

Spikearoni 01-28-2015 09:41 PM

FROG means that you are here until you croak. At least that's what we were told.

manaboutown 02-01-2015 03:54 PM

Let's see...I understand the meanings of the terms snowbird, snowflake and frog. Are there any other descriptors pertaining to part-time and full-time Villagers?