Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Goneys Nursery (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/goneys-nursery-139360/)

salferg 01-14-2015 08:11 PM

Goneys Nursery

Terrible customer service! Had these folks landscape two small areas inside our lanai and were very pleased with the work. However, getting them to come back and take of problems is like pulling teeth. I have been trying to get them to come back to fix issues since last Thanksgiving. Numerous phone calls did not work so physically have gone there at least 5 times to make sure they knew we needed service and were always assured that someone would take care of the problem. Each time I was told there was going to be someone out immediately and so far, have not seen anyone. It is so annoying to be told face to face that my problem would be taken care of. I don't like posting negative comments, but I can't get any action from them and thought this might get their attention.

beachx4me 01-14-2015 08:18 PM

What a shame, I was wondering about them when I was looking. I ended up going with Village Palms and I called about a small issue and the owner (She is a village resident) came by on her golf cart to look at my yard. I was very impressed.

I don't imagine they would want negative comments on here, maybe they will step up to the plate. Hope so!

debron911 01-19-2015 09:02 AM

Our phone call last week to Tom, our landscaper (supervised our job) and this morning a crew showed up to turn one tree that was staked so we didn't have to look at the stake (bottle brush - weak trunks so will need to be staked for a couple years). They inspected the other plantings to ensure they were doing well. After one month our Sylvester's haven't turned yellow on the bottom fronds which is common after transplanting.
Sorry to hear your experience is the total opposite of ours.

bike42 01-19-2015 09:41 AM

Great houseplants

If you like house plants and orchids check out their shade house -- very nice selection and reasonable prices. They will also repot orchids for you.

salferg 02-11-2015 09:01 AM

Just an update....it. Is now another month and no one from Goneys has shown up yet

Uptown Girl 02-11-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salferg (Post 1010482)
Just an update....it. Is now another month and no one from Goneys has shown up yet

If I may ask… what is the problem (within the project itself) that needs attention or correction?

tommy steam 02-11-2015 11:42 AM

I have gone to their nursery many times. They have great prices and a very nice selection of planting material. The staff there was friendly and helpful ,explaining what palms and plants will work best in the villages environment . I understand that this is a family business that has been in this area for many years.

Bonanza 02-11-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bike42 (Post 997704)
If you like house plants and orchids check out their shade house -- very nice selection and reasonable prices. They will also repot orchids for you.

You failed to mention the source you are referring to. Who is "they?"

salferg 02-11-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salferg (Post 1010482)

FINALLY...one of the owners showed up today and supposedly will be back next week.. Time will tell

salferg 02-11-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uptown Girl (Post 1010504)
If I may ask… what is the problem (within the project itself) that needs attention or correction?

They installed sprinkler around the plants and some of them do not work. Plant has died.

Bogie Shooter 02-11-2015 08:40 PM

Do you have a garden hose?