Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf starter locations (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-starter-locations-139504/)

Shadow8IA 01-15-2015 09:34 PM

Golf starter locations

I have been driving my husband to the executive golf courses that aren't close to us. We are having problems finding the starter locations. We have the gps and it has not helped. Is there a link or info anywhere on where they are located?

Bogie Shooter 01-15-2015 10:30 PM

They are shown on the $5
Villages map.

NYGUY 01-15-2015 10:48 PM

Google The Villages Executive golf course you are trying to find. You will find info on the course including where the starter shack is and will also note, a list on the right, of all courses to find the same info. No $5 required.

Barefoot 01-15-2015 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYGUY (Post 996197)
Google The Villages Executive golf course you are trying to find. You will find info on the course including where the starter shack is and will also note, a list on the right, of all courses to find the same info. No $5 required.

After you google The Villages Executive golf course that you're trying to find, if you are still uncertain, you can call the starter shack for directions.
The telephone numbers for all the starter shacks are in the front section of the telephone book.

Shadow8IA 01-16-2015 12:24 AM

Thanks! I hadn't thought of googling each course separately. It looks like it does show parking directions. I have the $5 map and it just shows where the course is but no info on where to drop off and pick up.

DonH57 01-16-2015 01:00 AM

You may also go to the website " cartingthevillages.com" which may be helpful locating starter locations for the courses.

sukismom 01-16-2015 08:28 AM

Maps and directions are here free: Golf The Villages

Bogie Shooter 01-16-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow8IA (Post 996212)
Thanks! I hadn't thought of googling each course separately. It looks like it does show parking directions. I have the $5 map and it just shows where the course is but no info on where to drop off and pick up.

There is a small black square, thats the starter shack.

justjim 01-16-2015 10:28 AM

Signs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 996299)

Bogie is correct it's on the $5 map---After a few months in TV this issue is not a problem but I've always thought that a few SIGNS would really be helpful, especially for newcomers.

Shadow8IA 01-16-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 996299)

Not all of the golf courses show the black square for the starter shack and some of them appear to only be accessible by golf cart.. The one we're most confused about right next now is Walnut Grove/Briarwood. The parking is in the Nancy Lopez parking lot but the starter shed is several blocks away. I had to stop on Legacy Lane to pick up my husband.

At El Diablo there is an understanding pass you have to take from the rec center. Signage is a huge problem.

Bogie Shooter 01-16-2015 01:00 PM

The answer is always more signs. Too many signs makes things look tacky!
After a few times everyone becomes aware of where the shacks are.
Not a lot different in finding rec centers, etc.

dsbouley 01-16-2015 06:32 PM

Find a rec center.... Then you will find an exec course. All execs are near rec centers

kcrazorbackfan 01-16-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsbouley (Post 996520)
Find a rec center.... Then you will find an exec course. All execs are near rec centers

Bang! Best answer yet. :BigApplause:

Barefoot 01-16-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsbouley (Post 996520)

What Rec Center is near the Sandhill Executive course?

dbussone 01-16-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 996555)
What Rec Center is near the Sandhill Executive course?

I believe Sterling is the closest.