Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Dog Kennel recommendations (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/dog-kennel-recommendations-139550/)

Fraugoofy 01-16-2015 11:12 AM

Dog Kennel recommendations

Last summer when we visited TV, we heard about a man who lives in the Village of Lynnhaven who operates a own dog kennel. We are trying to find his name/number. He lives in Collington Villas on Craven Way.

Otherwise can you please share any other recommended dog kennels in or around The Villages? We need to board our jack russell for a few days the end of March.

Any and all help very much appreciated. Thanks.

Rae

mfp509 01-16-2015 11:28 AM

Bedtime Tails in Summerfield, route 301.

Barefoot 01-16-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraugoofy (Post 996338)
Last summer when we visited TV, we heard about a man who lives in the Village of Lynnhaven who operates a own dog kennel. We are trying to find his name/number. He lives in Collington Villas on Craven Way.
Otherwise can you please share any other recommended dog kennels in or around The Villages? We need to board our jack russell for a few days the end of March.

I have info on a woman who will come and live in your home while you're gone. She is Insured and Bonded. If you are interested in that type of arrangement, please PM me.

TNLAKEPANDA 01-16-2015 12:53 PM

Also Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital Vet Center has a limited number of kennels. Bad reviews on the Kennel in Ocala.

donnie426 01-16-2015 12:59 PM

Tony in the Amelia area has a villa, he watches the dogs in his house.352-255-3033.

Avista 01-16-2015 02:37 PM

We are very pleased with Pet Boarding in Ocala, Marion County, Belleview, FL - All 'Bout Cats & Dogs Pet Resort, full-service pet care facility, pet boarding, pet grooming, animal day care for dogs and cats
We have two dogs and do a lot of cruising.

CassieInVa 01-18-2015 05:41 PM

Tnlakepanda, what Ocala kennel got bad reviews? We just bought here, have a small spoiled doggie and we need recommendations as well.

seashorecaroline 01-18-2015 08:00 PM

Bedtime Tails is an outstanding kennel and the owner Kathy and her staff are great!!!!

Susan G 01-19-2015 04:10 PM

Better Option for Fido!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassieInVa (Post 997448)
Tnlakepanda, what Ocala kennel got bad reviews? We just bought here, have a small spoiled doggie and we need recommendations as well.

A better option for your "spoiled" baby would be to use AWAY FROM HOME PET SERVICES. Call Joan Cain 352-391-2323. Her sitters can offer to care for your baby in their home or CYV, or in your home - whatever works best for your dog's schedule....And they LOVE doggies :)
They are bonded and insured and rates comparable to boarding kennels.

And WELCOME to The Villages!!
Susan G

Mazzz 01-28-2015 10:03 PM

We've used The Village Pet Spa on Rolling Acres in Lady Lake. They have a great facility at reasonable rates. Don't let the "spa" scare you - they are down to earth and take great care of our boy. He loves going so much, he gets excited when he sees our luggage come out. Good luck!

billethkid 01-29-2015 12:00 AM

Another vote for Bed Time Tails.

SALYBOW 01-29-2015 12:21 PM

On the advice of TOTV poster I used Mt. Dora animal hospital. It is very nice and not too expensive. We think it is worth the drive. It is on the way to both airports.

Sundaze 03-30-2015 04:43 PM

Dog Kennel: Overnights and Play days

I have a great kennel from my large poodle. The kennel is located off 441
and is easily accessible for all the villagers. Her facilities are very nice. Kathleen has a good understanding of the each dog's personality and group them safely with others in divided large outdoor yards. So they get socialization and lots of play time. My dog loves to go to the kennel, whether for several days or just an afternoon of play. Kathleen @ (352)409-1642 I think she has a web site but not use of the name. I've used her a couple years.

TidalWalkers 03-30-2015 04:56 PM

We used The Village Pet Spa on Rolling Acres for our boxer. They were very good with our older dog. Would recommend them.

princesspat 04-30-2015 07:07 PM

We use Village Pet Spa. Our dog gets a bag with his name on it, a report card when we pick him up, and if your dog is there 6 nights or more, a free bath and nail clipping. Great staff!