Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   John Kerry and James Taylor. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/john-kerry-james-taylor-139620/)

graciegirl 01-16-2015 07:49 PM

John Kerry and James Taylor.

Kerry Brings James Taylor to Serenade French With 'You've Got a Friend' | The Weekly Standard

This all seems a bit awkward to me.

missypie 01-16-2015 07:57 PM

This is so ridiculous. Can you imagine Churchill, Patten, Eisenhower or Reagan hugging people? Oh brother, give me a real leader.

RedChariot 01-16-2015 08:04 PM

This is embarrassing for our nation.

sunnyatlast 01-16-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedChariot (Post 996553)
This is embarrassing for our nation.

As embarrassing as another secretary of state giving Russian leaders a "reset" button and not having the sense to get a native speaker of Russian to translate…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GdLClHAMB0

raynan 01-16-2015 08:46 PM

When I saw this on the news I cringed. It was embarrassing for our nation. IMO

tommy steam 01-16-2015 08:56 PM

Our enemy is laughing at us.

Chi-Town 01-16-2015 09:22 PM

I am not a fan of James Taylor. But then again I can say the same thing about Bill Kristol and his neocon blog The Weekly Standard. So this thread interests me. Should be fun.

Sandtrap328 01-16-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missypie (Post 996549)
This is so ridiculous. Can you imagine Churchill, Patten, Eisenhower or Reagan hugging people? Oh brother, give me a real leader.

Google it and you will see photos of Ronnie Reagan hugging Mexican Presidente Portillo as well as Ronnie hugging the newly elected Presidente of Honduras.

Sandtrap328 01-16-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missypie (Post 996549)

Google it and you will find a dandy photo of Eisenhower bowing to Chuck de Gaulle.

kittygilchrist 01-16-2015 09:54 PM

I hoped you were joking.
If not for fox news, i would think I must be nuts because everything I knew as true has been screwed around until it is all made to seem false.

I feel dirty for being American, itchy with disgust and revulsion, restless to do something, but impotent.
I think I'll get baptized again.

reminder to myself... The good news is that God has got this. Bible prophecy is in a torrential cascade of fulfillment.
It is ugly to watch the world lining up for the day of the Lord.
Reminder to myself...perfect love overcomes fear.
Reminder...I am not impotent, God is waiting for me to pray.

Seems like the USA I grew up believing in is dead.

graciegirl 01-16-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 996610)
Google it and you will find a dandy photo of Eisenhower bowing to Chuck de Gaulle.

Yeah but, That was then, this is now. This week. The culmination of a week of gaffes and dropped balls.

We didn't show up and then we showed up and did this?????

Kitty, CNN was surprised and critical. And so was MSNBC.

Sandtrap328 01-16-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 996626)
Yeah but, That was then, this is now.

We didn't show up and then we showed up and did this?????

Kitty, CNN was surprised and critical.

Just pointing out photos that one poster said we would not see Eisenhower or Reagan be doing.

Definitely, the President should have sent Kerry or Biden to Paris for the European leaders march. It was a mistake and was admitted as being a mistake.

As for James Taylor, what was the reaction of France?

graciegirl 01-16-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 996631)
Just pointing out photos that one poster said we would not see Eisenhower or Reagan be doing.

Definitely, the President should have sent Kerry or Biden to Paris for the European leaders march. It was a mistake and was admitted as being a mistake.

As for James Taylor, what was the reaction of France?

Je ne sais pas. C'est une faux pas. but It was nice music.

chachacha 01-16-2015 11:23 PM

if he had at least used the phrasing of giving an "embrace" instead of using the word hug, which is reminiscent of teddy bears and lolly pops, not appropriate for such a somber event. and he actually flew james taylor there to play the song! what a dog and pony show!

sunnyatlast 01-17-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennisnut (Post 996658)
I would rephrase that as reliably digs out fantasy. But just keep the faith.

"Fantasy" dug out by FoxNews?

Let's see.

Belgium terror suspects had police uniforms, report says | Fox News