Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Movies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/)
-   -   American Sniper (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/american-sniper-139757/)

chachacha 01-17-2015 10:08 PM

American Sniper

this is an excellent film and a piece of our history. clint eastwood directed so you know that part is going to be done very well....bradley cooper must have really had to bulk up to play Chris Kyle, a legendary navy seal sniper who saved many lives during four tours in iraq...his acting was superb as well as that of sienna miller who played his wife...i have seen his real life wife on tv saying that the film is very accurate in portraying their lives and what a soldier goes through. the lines were practically out the door at LSL and i think this one will be a best seller for weeks to come.

MikeV 01-18-2015 07:42 AM

Saw it and really liked it.

Taltarzac725 01-18-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chachacha (Post 997115)
this is an excellent film and a piece of our history. clint eastwood directed so you know that part is going to be done very well....bradley cooper must have really had to bulk up to play Chris Kyle, a legendary navy seal sniper who saved many lives during four tours in iraq...his acting was superb as well as that of sienna miller who played his wife...i have seen his real life wife on tv saying that the film is very accurate in portraying their lives and what a soldier goes through. the lines were practically out the door at LSL and i think this one will be a best seller for weeks to come.

Thanks for that review.

rubicon 01-18-2015 08:31 AM

With the prices I pay comcast I'll wait until it hits a premium station:cus:

villagetinker 01-18-2015 09:29 AM

This film is worth the price. This is the best film I have seen in years. My advice, go see it.

GatorFan 01-18-2015 09:57 AM

Great picture. First movie I have gone to that there was dead silence at the end. Respect to all our veterans and active military who serve our country.

chachacha 01-18-2015 10:32 AM

the audience applauded at the showing i attended! i suggest also it is worth the price to see it on the big screen and with other people...you can feel the connection between us all as americans. and you can't get that from comcast.

John_W 01-18-2015 10:37 AM

I was ready for a big letdown. Seems everything is usually overrated. Turned out to be great, gave it a 10!

GeoGeo 01-18-2015 11:41 AM

Thanks for the review. Read the book and couldn't put it down. Can't wait to see the movie.

Taltarzac725 01-18-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 997239)
I was ready for a big letdown. Seems everything is usually overrated. Turned out to be great, gave it a 10!

It is at two theaters in the Villages-- Barnstorm and Old Mill Playhouse. So there seems to be a lot of opportunities to see it.

jebartle 01-18-2015 01:49 PM

Movie was good

but left with a heavy heart, I had to close my eyes during many parts of movie....Even thou a true story, difficult for me to watch...Will save this film for tough guys, I'm a wimp!

zcaveman 01-18-2015 02:47 PM

I will wait until it comes out on NetFlix and watch it in the comfort of my home.

Z

Shimpy 01-18-2015 06:16 PM

Just got home from seeing it at Brownwood and the line to go in was out the door. They are saying probably the picture of the year. I read the book and the movie condenses it quite a bit of course, but is an excellent movie. I highly recommend it and gives you an appreciation for those doing combat.

blue72 01-18-2015 10:29 PM

Very well done
Excellent movie
As always, great respect for the guys and girls in our military.

chachacha 01-20-2015 12:30 AM

the film just broke all records for box office on a weekend in january....deservedly so!