Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Need Suggestions: What Other TV Options Are There? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/need-suggestions-what-other-tv-options-there-139961/)

GeoGeo 01-19-2015 12:56 PM

Need Suggestions: What Other TV Options Are There?

Have Directv and it is going up again in Feb. Wanted to exchange a piece of equipment for a different one and they wanted us to sign another long contract. Forget that. Whatever we go with has to offer at least the Golf Channel and our local channels. Hubby would prefer something close to what we are paying $100+ for now, but at a lesser price (and without a contract). Does anything exist? He doesn't use a computer so it has to be something that you watch on TV because he would have no idea what to do otherwise. Any suggestions welcomed.

jebartle 01-19-2015 01:31 PM

Hmmm! How about signing up some friends at a $100 credit for you and for your friends...Works for me!

JoMar 01-19-2015 01:37 PM

Not sure you will find the pricing you are looking for plus availability will depend on where you live. In some areas only Comcast and Direct TV are your choices. Other areas have Brighthouse and Century Link in addition to Comcast and Direct TV.

Villager Audio Video 01-20-2015 07:34 AM

I'm a Comcast dealer and will be happy to go over some options with you. I'm sure I can save you some money and get you into a nice package with no contract. Love them or hate them, Comcast has the best products available.

leftyf 01-20-2015 09:13 AM

Did you ever think of putting a TV antennae in your attic? I get over 40 english speaking channels for free. I also have Century Link, but I use the antennae in the garage.

Villager Audio Video 01-20-2015 09:29 AM

OTA UHF antennas are an option. I've installed a bunch of them with great success but you won't get the Golf Channel, that's pay to play.

champion6 01-20-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 997832)
Not sure you will find the pricing you are looking for plus availability will depend on where you live. In some areas only Comcast and Direct TV are your choices. Other areas have Brighthouse and Century Link in addition to Comcast and Direct TV.

You mentioned DirecTV. An additional satellite provider is DISH.

Villager Audio Video 01-20-2015 09:40 AM

Dish network is generally only available with a contract term

mulligan 01-20-2015 10:44 AM

Antennae do not necessarily have to be in the attic. Next door neighbor just had one installed on a mast on the side of his house.