Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Amazon - shop on Amazon and give to your favorite charity at no cost to you (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/amazon-shop-amazon-give-your-favorite-charity-no-cost-you-139971/)

angiefox10 01-19-2015 02:14 PM

Amazon - shop on Amazon and give to your favorite charity at no cost to you

We do a lot of shopping on Amazon. Many people are not aware that you can shop on Amazon and give to your favorite charity at no cost to you. Every time I shop, Amazon gives money to my charity of choice.

To learn more about Amazon Smile click on the link and sign up!

About AmazonSmile: Program details and FAQ

If you don't know a good charity to support, I chose Humane Society of Sumter County... :MOJE_whot:

Ecuadog 01-19-2015 02:42 PM

Thanks. I didn't know that.

KittyKat 01-19-2015 11:30 PM

Thanks, Angie! Just signed up. I already make a monthly donation to Doctors Without Borders so chose another charity. :coolsmiley:

Barefoot 01-19-2015 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angiefox10 (Post 997845)
We do a lot of shopping on Amazon. Many people are not aware that you can shop on Amazon and give to your favorite charity at no cost to you. Every time I shop, Amazon gives money to my charity of choice.
If you don't know a good charity to support, I chose Humane Society of Sumter County... :MOJE_whot:

Thanks for the great heads up about Amazon Smile.
I enrolled, and I also chose the Humane Society.:coolsmiley:

maddie101 01-20-2015 03:10 AM

Great post. I have known about it and support the Lupus Gulf Coast Chapter.
I have Amazon Prime and use Amazon often.

Cisco Kid 01-20-2015 07:46 AM

This is mine.

Villalobos Rescue Center Pets In The Hood Inc

queasy27 01-20-2015 07:50 AM

Thanks, Angie. I signed up for Smile last year and then forgot all about it. I order a crap ton of stuff from Amazon -- here's a plug for the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida. :)

Cisco Kid 01-20-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

I am glad you chose the local Humane Society. The money that come back to them from the main chapter ain't squat.

fred53 01-20-2015 07:58 AM

It's good you toot your own horn...

Quote:

not sure if advertising it falls into the humble category though...

Cisco Kid 01-20-2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred53 (Post 998163)

If it gets more people to do it. I would toot the star-Spangled Banner out of my @#%*

Barefoot 01-20-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

I must have missed the part about being humble. :confused:
I love the idea that when I use Amazon, a donation is made to my charity.
Fred, don't you that that anything that raises money for charity is a good thing?
Kudos to Angie for starting this thread. :ho:

LndLocked 01-20-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

I am completely baffled in trying to comprehend the reasoning for posting this?!?!?!?

Angie ..... thanks for posting this topic. It is completely painless way to donate to a non profit of your choice.

BTW: if someone's non profit of choice is not a selection option. Please let the non profit know about the program. The application process to be on Amazon Smile's approved list is simple and quick.

Wandatime 01-20-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cisco Kid (Post 998197)
If it gets more people to do it. I would toot the star-Spangled Banner out of my @#%*

:1rotfl:

Wandatime 01-20-2015 12:55 PM

Get to tootin', Cisco! -- I just signed up for Humane Society of Sumter!

Bonanza 01-21-2015 02:09 AM

Thank you for the head's up, Angie.
What great news that is.
I'll get on the band wagon right away.
The Humane Society -- here I come!

And Fred . . . Exactly, what is your problem???