Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Thank You for Your Public Service (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/thank-you-your-public-service-140182/)

Tennisnut 01-21-2015 10:44 AM

Thank You for Your Public Service

As we get ready to file our income taxes for the 2014 year, I would like to give a big thank you to all the hard working public servants in the IRS who are implementing the tough job of enforcing our tax code. With a drop of approx 15% in budgets and personnel since 2010, they have a tremendously tough job to do. I know when I got audited a few years back, I was impressed by their professionalism and courtesy I experienced. I hope that they are able to maintain that same experience for their customers in these tough budgetary times.

Tennisnut 01-21-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 998818)
Were you audited because you were involved with the Tea Party?

No, I took a $250,000 deduction because we lost our private road and access to our home. Even though I am registered Republican, I was treated very fairly.

graciegirl 01-21-2015 10:59 AM

Back to your original post. Perhaps you can organize a rally for the IRS in one of our public squares when you get back on campus..

Tennisnut 01-21-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 998824)
Back to your original post. Perhaps you can organize a rally for the IRS in one of our public squares when you get back on campus..

I am here at my second home in the Villages every year from October through April and most Federal workers quietly do there jobs without any fanfare or accolades.

graciegirl 01-21-2015 11:18 AM

I got two volleys, Anyone wanna play back????

justjim 01-21-2015 11:33 AM

I agree most public employees dealing with everyday work related issues are like any other employee in the private sector. They don't make the "rules" they are just trying to do their job. If only the politician's would do the same!

gomoho 01-21-2015 12:56 PM

If my husband made it clear to his boss like the commissioner of the IRS did that he just wasn't going to be able to get the job done because of budget cuts he would have been out the door before he knew what hit him. No excuses allowed in the real world.

Sandtrap328 01-21-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomoho (Post 998867)
If my husband made it clear to his boss like the commissioner of the IRS did that he just wasn't going to be able to get the job done because of budget cuts he would have been out the door before he knew what hit him. No excuses allowed in the real world.

The OP was not writing about the IRS Commissioner but of the employees of the IRS such as the auditors, accountants, administrative personnel, and other workers.

These people, along with other Federal employees, do an admirable job everyday.

gomoho 01-21-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 998896)
The OP was not writing about the IRS Commissioner but of the employees of the IRS such as the auditors, accountants, administrative personnel, and other workers.

And if their leader says they can't get the job done then they probably won't.

janmcn 01-21-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 998896)

Posters on this forum rarely complain about the federal employees who process their Medicare forms or the ones who sign their Social Security checks every month.

Sandtrap328 01-21-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomoho (Post 998907)
And if their leader says they can't get the job done then they probably won't.

...and in what business is this not the case?

If the president of Palm Casual decided they would not make free deliveries to The Villages any longer, the salesman on the showroom floor will not give free delivery.

Thank a Federal employee for the timely delivery of your Social Security deposits or for your healthcare at the VA Clinic or hospital or for your knee replacement through Medicare.

Rags123 01-21-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 998918)
Posters on this forum rarely complain about the federal employees who process their Medicare forms or the ones who sign their Social Security checks every month.

Nope. I didn't complain when told I MUST give part of my pay to the government, and never once when over the next 55 years or so I just gave it to the government, and same with medicaire...never complained giving up that money. I also never complained when SS was tapped for other things.

AND DESPITE the insinuation in this thread, I have not read a post about anyone complaining about IRS workers in the trenches, and don't expect any.

Sure wish people would make their intent clear on these threads,

I certainly understand all the extra work now involved because of new legislation, and really would like to read those posts who have complained about those workers referenced

gomoho 01-21-2015 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=Sandtrap328;998930]...and in what business is this not the case?

Any business that has a Board of Directors, shareholders or anyone that they have accountability to. Problem with the federal government, and yes its employees, is little to no accountability and it's almost impossible to fire the bad eggs.

In the real world when budget cuts come down everyone sucks it up and works that much harder to get the job done. In government you either print more money or say "sorry - can't get the job done". Too bad, so sad.

dbussone 01-21-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 998833)
I got two volleys, Anyone wanna play back????

Al Sharpton?

AJ32162 01-21-2015 03:55 PM

Yeah, thank you IRS employees for doing your job.:bigbow: