Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Booster seat for Carts (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/booster-seat-carts-140270/)

OBoyle 01-22-2015 08:16 AM

Booster seat for Carts

We have a nice cart but unfortunately, my wife is height-challenged and has serious difficulty reaching the pedals. What I think we're looking for is a seat-back pad that will get her forward on the seat. It would need to hang from the seat back and be easily removable. Also, given my wife's penchant for style, there should probably be some color options too. Our cart seats are blue and white. Not sure she'd be real thrilled with a orange pad!

Anyone have any thoughts or, better yet, sources?

Thanks.

JLOB

billethkid 01-22-2015 09:18 AM

any toss cushion will do the job and allow all kinds of choices.

gerryh1943 01-22-2015 09:28 AM

I to have short legs but I went to grandma and Grandpa golf cart store and they have all trinkets for short people for the gas pedal and other things

billethkid 01-22-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerryh1943 (Post 999265)
I to have short legs but I went to grandma and Grandpa golf cart store and they have all trinkets for short people for the gas pedal and other things

where are they located?

jnieman 01-22-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBoyle (Post 999229)
We have a nice cart but unfortunately, my wife is height-challenged and has serious difficulty reaching the pedals. What I think we're looking for is a seat-back pad that will get her forward on the seat. It would need to hang from the seat back and be easily removable. Also, given my wife's penchant for style, there should probably be some color options too. Our cart seats are blue and white. Not sure she'd be real thrilled with a orange pad!

Anyone have any thoughts or, better yet, sources?

Thanks.

JLOB

Hubby cut a block of wood and used a tie down strap to attach it to our pedal. I'm also short and it works for me!

dotti105 03-05-2015 12:01 AM

Carts and Clubs sells a great little cover for the gas pedal that is a block that places the pedal closer to the driver. It was not offered at The Villages Golf Car stores. In fact I asked the salesman there about it and he said he had never heard of such a thing. Kind of weird. Both sell the same brands.......

We didn't end up buying a cart from them. In the cart I bought it is easy for me to reach the gas pedal. But it was great to know that those are out there for us vertically challenged people!!

Proscoe 03-05-2015 12:07 AM

The villages cart shop sells a cushion that is very comfortable and resolves this problem, My wife is very pleased with it!

Yosemite 03-05-2015 12:46 AM

Villages Discount Carts on 466 sells a gas pedal extension that velcros on to the pedal. This allows for easy removal when the cart is driven by a taller person. The extension fits all YAMAHA golf carts.

OBXNana 03-05-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti105 (Post 1023451)
Carts and Clubs sells a great little cover for the gas pedal that is a block that places the pedal closer to the driver. It was not offered at The Villages Golf Car stores. In fact I asked the salesman there about it and he said he had never heard of such a thing. Kind of weird. Both sell the same brands.......

We didn't end up buying a cart from them. In the cart I bought it is easy for me to reach the gas pedal. But it was great to know that those are out there for us vertically challenged people!!

When I had the same problem you gave me this advice and I never officially thanked you. It works great and I am sending you a big thank you!