Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Villages Golf Carts in LSL (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-golf-carts-lsl-140292/)

LI SNOWBIRD 01-22-2015 10:37 AM

Villages Golf Carts in LSL

I went by the new Villages Golf Carts in LSL building near Barns and Noble yesterday and saw that the service center is open and so are the gas pumps.
The building also houses a showroom. YAY for us that need this.:MOJE_whot::MOJE_whot:

LittleDog 01-22-2015 01:38 PM

Do they just sell gas for golf carts and not cars?

John

Bogie Shooter 01-22-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleDog (Post 999425)
Do they just sell gas for golf carts and not cars?

John

Yes.

philnpat 01-23-2015 07:39 AM

Filled up the cart the other day with ethanol free "recreational gas".
Not sure if they sell regular unleaded.

jmvalcq 01-23-2015 07:45 AM

golf cart garage lsl

On Wednesday I checked out the gas prices they were at $3.29 per gallon.

graciegirl 01-23-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmvalcq (Post 999720)

What is the benefit of having this and selling at such high prices? It certainly will fail.

We villagers are savvy consumers.

redwitch 01-23-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 999721)
What is the benefit of having this and selling at such high prices? It certainly will fail.

Non-ethanol gas for our carts is well worth the extra price. The ethanol really is harmful to the engines. That's why we have to add StaBel. I know I'm willing to pay for this gas and make the trip to LSL to get it. I'm also recommending to my clients that they require renters to fill their carts there.

outlaw 01-23-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 999721)

I don't know how it compares to the price of regular ethanol gas, but non-ethanol gas has more energy, thus you should get better mileage and performance. This means you will get more miles on a tank and have to make fewer visits to the gas station. There are websites that should provide the break even analysis based on cost difference between the two types of gas.

PaPaLarry 01-23-2015 08:38 AM

Are there other gas stations in The Villages with non-ethanol gas?

REDCART 01-23-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaPaLarry (Post 999750)
Are there other gas stations in The Villages with non-ethanol gas?

Yes, the new gas station in Pinellas Plaza also sells ethanol free gas at the higher price.

Chatbrat 01-23-2015 08:50 AM

Stabil is only required for gas engines while in storage and it is not needed for gas engines with a sealed fuel system as in cars with a vapor recovery system

karostay 01-23-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmvalcq (Post 999720)

Why is it recreational gas does't contain 10% ethanol
But cost 30% more

alanmcdonald 01-23-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 999768)
Why is it recreational gas does't contain 10% ethanol
But cost 30% more

I'll take a stab at this one.

Non-ethanol gasoline must be refined separately and at much lower volumes. So there is less quantity over which to spread the fixed equipment costs. The raw material costs are about equal, so the net cost of production per gallon is higher for non-ethanol gas.

champion6 01-23-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outlaw (Post 999748)
I don't know how it compares to the price of regular ethanol gas, but non-ethanol gas has more energy, thus you should get better mileage and performance. This means you will get more miles on a tank and have to make fewer visits to the gas station. There are websites that should provide the break even analysis based on cost difference between the two types of gas.

Based on my own experience with my Yamaha gas cart, I will respectfully disagree.

When the Marathon station opened in Pinellas Plaza, I switched to ethanol-free gas. I used it for about 4 fillups. I saw absolutely no increase in mileage. I "thought" the engine was "peppier," but after switching back, I can say it wasn't. Bottom line, I decided that ethanol-free gas is not worth the higher price in my golf cart.