Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Service Smart Opinions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/service-smart-opinions-140328/)

JimCassara 01-22-2015 01:53 PM

Service Smart Opinions

Looking for opinions on the quality of service provided by Service Smart.

SisalPhil 01-22-2015 02:05 PM

The worst of the worst... Run don't walk away from them.. Have them now through no fault of our own.. Company merger when my time is up the are ancient history.

RickeyD 01-22-2015 02:34 PM

Good name, Service Smart. If you use them you must be smart. Just like the Smart car. Smart, not !

Spinning3 01-22-2015 04:47 PM

Not renewing when my contract is up.

jrdonn 01-22-2015 06:00 PM

I have had them almost a year and my lawn is terrible. Can't wait to drop them. I am going to see if I can get a refund for my last couple months.

Beatit 01-22-2015 07:38 PM

Ditto

JimCassara 01-22-2015 08:37 PM

Thanks! Just what we were thinking.

Carla B 01-22-2015 09:11 PM

Most of the previous posters are in newer areas below 466A. Your lawn may look terrible in the early years after planting. Ours did for the first two years+ after it was installed by the builder. In desperation we attended the "Twice on Tuesday" seminars and found out the proper fertilizer to use. Eventually, the lawn filled in and became healthy turf. Now, for almost the past two years, it has been cared for by Stellar, now Service Smart. It's still healthy to this point so I can't say Stellar- Service Smart, have ruined it. Maybe your lawn is just too new.

The soil below 466A may be like ours above 466A, "dead soil", and will require time , care and feeding.

DARFAP 01-23-2015 02:42 PM

Also not sold on renewing when my contract is up. They were great as Stellar... not so much as Service Smart.

rubicon 01-23-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla B (Post 999602)
Most of the previous posters are in newer areas below 466A. Your lawn may look terrible in the early years after planting. Ours did for the first two years+ after it was installed by the builder. In desperation we attended the "Twice on Tuesday" seminars and found out the proper fertilizer to use. Eventually, the lawn filled in and became healthy turf. Now, for almost the past two years, it has been cared for by Stellar, now Service Smart. It's still healthy to this point so I can't say Stellar- Service Smart, have ruined it. Maybe your lawn is just too new.

The soil below 466A may be like ours above 466A, "dead soil", and will require time , care and feeding.

Carla had the same problem here 8 years ago. The reason was lousy backfill had to work with Massey to get the proper nutrients etc into the soil

Lorsie 01-28-2015 06:57 PM

We have been very dissatisfied with Service Smart. Both with our lawn and the pest control. Nearly every other month I've had to call them to treat "sugar" ants in our home - several places. Finally, I went and bought ant traps - that seems to be taking care of them better!

MikeV 01-28-2015 08:32 PM

Had Stellar now Service Smart. So far all is as it was. Only signed up for 6 months so we will see how it goes.

Kahuna32162 01-29-2015 07:09 AM

2 things I've learned in my first year living in the Villages....NEVER pre pay for lawn service, no matter how much of a discount they offer you and drop Service Smart as fast as humanly possible! I have a contract that runs thru April and I'm not waiting to let it run out. They WILL NOT refund any monies if you cancel, so I'm just chalking it up to a lesson learned.

bandsdavis 01-29-2015 09:47 AM

We are also former Stellar customers now with Service Smart. WE have not had any issue with them and so far they have been responsive to our calls and questions, including some things that were carry-overs from Stellar. When it's time for us to renew, we'll see if they have continued to do keep up or not. Hard to determine how their lawn care is in a season when most grasses are dormant.

keithwand 01-29-2015 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandsdavis (Post 1003059)
We are also former Stellar customers now with Service Smart. WE have not had any issue with them and so far they have been responsive to our calls and questions, including some things that were carry-overs from Stellar. When it's time for us to renew, we'll see if they have continued to do keep up or not. Hard to determine how their lawn care is in a season when most grasses are dormant.

Agree. So far so good.