Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Air filters (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/air-filters-140431/)

jimbo2012 01-23-2015 12:55 PM

Air filters
 
Need to replace the 20x20 heat A/c filters
where do U get yours, what do they cost,
I was quoted $70 :cus:

kellyjam 01-23-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo2012 (Post 999922)
Need to replace the 20x20 heat A/c filters
where do U get yours, what do they cost,
I was quoted $70 :cus:

I was quoted about the same. I got mine on Amazon for about $35. I hear Home Depot now stocks the filters used in TV but I am not sure.

tuccillo 01-23-2015 01:03 PM

I recently ordered Carrier OEM MERV 11 filters (20x20x4 nominal, real dimensions 19 1/8 x 19 13/16 x 4 5/16) from filtersamerica.com. $35/filter, bought 2. You might be able to do better on price but they are good quality filters and I only replace once per year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo2012 (Post 999922)
Need to replace the 20x20 heat A/c filters
where do U get yours, what do they cost,
I was quoted $70 :cus:


villagetinker 01-23-2015 07:06 PM

Go to Google, and enter the exact par number on your existing filter, you will get several sources for these filters. Do NOT buy by size, as the sizes are approximate, and some of the local stores have ones that are close, but off just a bit. I paid very close to $35 for the filters, also.

KeepingItReal 01-23-2015 07:22 PM

Filter should be changed every 6 months..


FiltersUSA - for replacement air filters , furnace filters and parts. | www.filtersusa.com

FIB0021F
Product Photo Bryant/Carrier Replacement Media for FIB0021 by FUSA
Fits FNCCAB-0021
FILBBFNC0021,FILCCFNC0021, FILXXFNC0021, FILXXFNC0121, DPFPCC0021,
Actual Size 19-1/8x19 3/4x4 5/16" MERV 8, 4-C-1920-8(SBCRF20205)(50001-102-0173)old number FIB0021
GREAT BUY, MADE IN THE USA
2 Pack Special Regularly $96.00 Special NOW $54.95

villagetinker 01-23-2015 09:04 PM

This is the site I used, thank you KeepingItReal for posting, I did not have time to look up the name/website. These people were a pleasure to deal with.

tuccillo 01-24-2015 08:23 AM

For the 4" media filters, once per year should be fine. In my previous home, I had a Carrier Infinity heatpump system and, as part of the daily duct assessment, it kept tract of the changes in static pressure associated with the filter "filling up" and alerted you when the static pressure hit a threshold that warranted a filter change. It was typically about a year. It was larger home than most of the Villages homes and the system ran more than the systems here because of a longer heating season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepingItReal (Post 1000155)
Filter should be changed every 6 months..


FiltersUSA - for replacement air filters , furnace filters and parts. | www.filtersusa.com

FIB0021F
Product Photo Bryant/Carrier Replacement Media for FIB0021 by FUSA
Fits FNCCAB-0021
FILBBFNC0021,FILCCFNC0021, FILXXFNC0021, FILXXFNC0121, DPFPCC0021,
Actual Size 19-1/8x19 3/4x4 5/16" MERV 8, 4-C-1920-8(SBCRF20205)(50001-102-0173)old number FIB0021
GREAT BUY, MADE IN THE USA
2 Pack Special Regularly $96.00 Special NOW $54.95


SKIMAN 01-24-2015 08:40 AM

home depot now stocks them around $30 plus tax

village dreamer 01-24-2015 08:43 AM

my air filter size is 19x20x4,make sure you buy the right size. its on the filter .

SKIMAN 01-24-2015 09:10 AM

mine is 20x20x4. which is 19 somethingx19 somethingx3something. they round up an its at home depot for $30 plus tax an I replace every 6 months. and they work great

kittygilchrist 01-24-2015 09:45 AM

My filter is proprietarily measured to force purchase from the mnufacturer.
Be careful about what you read online about measurements. I am stuck with filters that do not fit.
Call your AC installer, Bob. they should tell you the best way to get filters. Mine was delivered and not nearly $70.

tuccillo 01-24-2015 10:20 AM

Do you have a Carrier system? If so, measure your filter - if it is 19 1/8" x 19 13/16" x 4 5/16" then they are readily available from a variety of sources as this is a standard Carrier size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 1000344)
My filter is proprietarily measured to force purchase from the mnufacturer.
Be careful about what you read online about measurements. I am stuck with filters that do not fit.
Call your AC installer, Bob. they should tell you the best way to get filters. Mine was delivered and not nearly $70.


SKIMAN 01-24-2015 12:36 PM

have Carrier system with above measurements ,get them at Home Depot.work:agree:

kellyjam 01-24-2015 02:20 PM

I just bought one today at Home Depot for $30. They even have a large sign by the filters that says will fit most The Villages AC's.lol. Here is the link for the item.

19 in. x 20 in. x 4 in. Air Cleaner M8 Pleated Air Filter-82655.041920 - The Home Depot

echo11 01-24-2015 02:32 PM

Ace hardware has ones that fit.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.