Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Beautiful Dog Needs Home (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/beautiful-dog-needs-home-140471/)

MSNPA 01-23-2015 04:56 PM

Beautiful Dog Needs Home

1 Attachment(s)
Aussie is a 2yr old Australian Shepherd mix. She is spayed and up to date on all her vaccinations. She was adopted 2 months ago by an elderly couple that do not have the energy to work with her. They love her very much and want to make sure she gets a good home. She gets along well with other dogs. She has a lot of energy, but is submissive and will listen. She walks well on a leash and has learned not to jump on people when they visit. If interested or if more information is required please contact Bob Gottschalk, 407-765-2419.

shcisamax 01-23-2015 05:04 PM

Aussies do require a lot of exercise. I am surprised they weren't aware of that before they adopted. They might look into an Aussie rescue or perhaps they can speak to the place that originally adopted her out to them.

bike42 01-23-2015 07:30 PM

Australian Cattle Dog mix

That's an Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler) mix -- (different from an Australian Shepherd). They are INCREDIBLY smart dogs. To see one in action look at the halftime show from an Eagles game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txiR7oEVGd0

Yes, they need exercise and mental challenge, but you will be rewarded for your efforts with an unbelievable friend.

Debfrommaine 01-23-2015 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bike42 (Post 1000158)
That's an Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler) mix -- (different from an Australian Shepherd). They are INCREDIBLY smart dogs. To see one in action look at the halftime show from an Eagles game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txiR7oEVGd0

Yes, they need exercise and mental challenge, but you will be rewarded for your efforts with an unbelievable friend.

Absolutely! Great video - and with Doggie Doo Run Run - the open fields most of us take our dogs to - and the agility area, she's sure to have a great time there with her new parents. She's a stunning dog is right.

BobandMary 01-23-2015 07:57 PM

They are great dogs! Smart, high energy, loyal and dedicated. They definitely need a lot of exercise. I wish we were already living there and we would love her. Bob says, "She's a baby! She needs to run." We had to put our dog down in April. We look forward to adopting once we move and settle in. A few more months until I retire...

shcisamax 01-23-2015 08:17 PM

Maybe they can hold on until you get down here...

DruannB 01-23-2015 09:39 PM

I have one that looks just like her. I take mine to doggy day care once a week, and that usually burns off most of her energy. She also gets a rather brisk walk/run for 30 minutes each morning. For all of that effort, she gives back great love. She is the friendliest dog I have ever owned. She also learns tricks after only a few tries. She can even balance on a fire hydrant--her choice, not mine. She loves to jump up on objects like brick walls on our walks. She figured out she gets a treat for "place." Huge vocabulary. She's even figured out our spelling. I would encourage anyone to take a similar dog. They're a delight. Maybe they could find a neighbor to walk their dog? Or play fetch? Fetch doesn't require much effort--the dog does most of the work.

Barefoot 01-24-2015 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobandMary (Post 1000173)
They are great dogs! Smart, high energy, loyal and dedicated. They definitely need a lot of exercise. I wish we were already living there and we would love her. Bob says, "She's a baby! She needs to run." We had to put our dog down in April. We look forward to adopting once we move and settle in. A few more months until I retire...

You sound like perfect owners for Aussie.

bike42 01-24-2015 10:16 AM

Find Aussie a home

Please, let's keep this thread visible until someone gives this wonderful dog a home.

Two years ago friends on TOTV helped me identify my rescue Australian Cattle Dog who had been abandoned on a roadside. They are on the list of the ten smartest dog breeds The Intelligence of Dogs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Australian Cattle Dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Barefoot 01-24-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petxpressions (Post 1000280)
Could someone foster until they come down?

I was wondering if it would help if we took turns taking the dog to a dog park until a home can be found.
An exhausted dog is a happy dog, especially that breed.

bike42 02-04-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSNPA (Post 1000070)
Aussie is a 2yr old Australian Shepherd mix. She is spayed and up to date on all her vaccinations. She was adopted 2 months ago by an elderly couple that do not have the energy to work with her. They love her very much and want to make sure she gets a good home. She gets along well with other dogs. She has a lot of energy, but is submissive and will listen. She walks well on a leash and has learned not to jump on people when they visit. If interested or if more information is required please contact Bob Gottschalk, 407-765-2419.

Hello MSNPA -- please give us an update; have you found a home for this wonderful dog?

Barefoot 02-04-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bike42 (Post 1006669)
Hello MSNPA -- please give us an update; have you found a home for this wonderful dog?

Hopefully MSNPA will come on TOTV soon. I hear she has some good news!

Irie Brown 02-04-2015 08:04 PM

Oh! My son had a dog like that. loyal as the day is long.

MSNPA 02-04-2015 08:48 PM

So sorry I didn't log in sooner and give the great news. Yes, Aussie was adopted by a young family who lives near Gainesville. They have a farm and other dogs. Bob, who took the dog to her new family, said this adoption is a perfect match.
Thank you everyone for your interest.

bike42 02-04-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSNPA (Post 1006717)
So sorry I didn't log in sooner and give the great news. Yes, Aussie was adopted by a young family who lives near Gainesville. They have a farm and other dogs. Bob, who took the dog to her new family, said this adoption is a perfect match.
Thank you everyone for your interest.

Thank you - thank you - thank you to everyone involved in this happy ending!