Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Cardiologist who is best villages and ocala (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/cardiologist-who-best-villages-ocala-140513/)

stevebo 01-24-2015 06:40 AM

Cardiologist who is best villages and ocala

I am fairly new to the villages and have had atrial fib but had an ablation back
home. However i need to have a cardiologist down here that I can trust and who is good incase of a problem any recommendations

fraurauch 01-25-2015 04:25 AM

Dr. Georg Couturier

2BNTV 01-25-2015 06:35 AM

Dr. Miryala and Dr. Rivero of Citrus Cardiology in LSL.

dbussone 01-25-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 1000795)

Agree!

dolpterry 01-25-2015 08:30 AM

Dr. Georg Couturier , my wife had a very rare heart condition and he in minutes found it.

tedquick 01-25-2015 08:41 AM

A couple of weeks ago I took my wife to the ER and a Dr "V" (Vallabhan) was the cardiologist who appeared. We both thought he was *great*. Last week my GP found that I had a slight heart murmur and will have a cardiologist' office call me. Does anyone else have the same "impressive" response to Dr. V that my wife and I had initially? If so, then I will forgo the referral from my GP and call Dr. V. That would also be very good information for this OP. While somewhat diluted, I hope this also helps.

wendyquat 01-25-2015 09:10 AM

I hope your ablation is very successful! I like Dr. Couturier very much! He had an electrophysiologist, Dr. Shams, that did my ablation for afib in 2013, but he has recently relocated to another state. Dr. couturier has brought in another EP, Dr. Inamdar but I have not yet met him. I have researched him and he comes with high marks. I am hearing good things about him!

Debree 01-25-2015 09:26 AM

Dr. Georg Courturier

jnieman 01-25-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

I am also for Dr. Miryala. Saw him a couple of weeks ago for the first time and I was really impressed. Very easy to talk to, very professional and knowledgeable.

Chi-Town 01-25-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

I would add Dr. Attanti to that group.

Floridagal 01-25-2015 10:48 AM

I would also recommend Dr. Attanti.

kissmelatr 02-04-2015 05:57 PM

Dr. V is great. I just came out of the hospital yesterday with A fib first time.... I have quite a few friends that use him also. He knows what he is doing for sure and when you call his office you will get quick responses all the time. I don't know what else so say but you won't find a better Dr.

billethkid 02-04-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1000882)
I would add Dr. Attanti to that group.

Ditto!

Harry & Christie 02-04-2015 10:48 PM

I would like to add Dr. Afolabi to the great cardiologists treating A-Fib and ablation patients. She originally was in Florida and Pennsylvania persuaded her to come there. She was there two years and was a truly wonderful asset to PA. But she grew tired of the cold weather and headed back to FL. My husband had been treated by her in PA for A-Fib and she performed ablation surgery on him. As soon as we heard she was back in FL and has an office in The Villages, my husband promptly transferred back to her. We are so happy she is his cardiologist once again!! She, in our opinion, is THE BEST! She is with Florida Heart.

pivo 02-05-2015 10:38 AM

If new here be careful, I'm new my previous cardiologist I had from up north sent all the paper work to the doctor here, Up north I had a blood test twice a year and my heart is in good shape.
Well the new cardiologist here had me take test after test, it was the same answer your good but I see something I want to check, Well his checking is blood test, visit,, and follow, I never had so many test in my life, finallyafter about 14 visits He said to me everything looks good but there is a vessel a little bent I would like to check, I said Doc. give me a break all I do since moving down here is visit you, so I figured last visit, I go into the schedule room and here it comes again, blood test, visit, follow up.
then I lost it I told the nurse to tell the doctor to get his act together, if I want to listen to a bull s t I'll go to a used car place,

The test he gave me to take was one I took 3 weeks before.
Since then I was checked didn't need to have that test and said be back in 4 months
I have learned which I knew before that's how they make their money, test after test.

If you feel your being used like I was change doctors