Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Loyal Tee Card (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/loyal-tee-card-140574/)

Wizard of Oz 01-24-2015 03:06 PM

Loyal Tee Card

Now the latest scam in The Villages. I bought a Loyal Tee card for $20.00, signed up on WWW. freshmadekitchens.com, registered my new card, gave them my email address so they can send me the latest specials. As so as I signed up I called to make a reservation at Belle Glade to request a reservation for 4:30 the next day. The girl said to call 1 hour before (3:30). Now on the card I bought makes a claim as a member you get Priority Seating, to call 24 hours before to make the reservation. I asked and was told we changed that to better accommodate our customers. Well that doesn't accommodate the people that paid for a card to have that privilege. That was the only reason I bought the card. The Frequency Rewards part of the Loyal Tee card shows you have to eat in their restaurants a minimum of 20 times per month that's five times a week to get a $15.00 total credits. What a scam!!!

:spoken:

bagboy 01-24-2015 03:45 PM

Ask for a refund, I'm sure you'll get one without any problem.

Bogie Shooter 01-24-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard of Oz (Post 1000569)
Now the latest scam in The Villages. I bought a Loyal Tee card for $20.00, signed up on WWW. freshmadekitchens.com, registered my new card, gave them my email address so they can send me the latest specials. As so as I signed up I called to make a reservation at Belle Glade to request a reservation for 4:30 the next day. The girl said to call 1 hour before (3:30). Now on the card I bought makes a claim as a member you get Priority Seating, to call 24 hours before to make the reservation. I asked and was told we changed that to better accommodate our customers. Well that doesn't accommodate the people that paid for a card to have that privilege. That was the only reason I bought the card. The Frequency Rewards part of the Loyal Tee card shows you have to eat in their restaurants a minimum of 20 times per month that's five times a week to get a $15.00 total credits. What a scam!!!

Maybe you should have searched TOTV, first.
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...-cards-135511/

MikeV 01-24-2015 07:41 PM

I also bought that card. It is worthless.

rjn5656 01-25-2015 08:36 AM

loyalty cards

maybe a email or letter to the owner letting him know your disappointment and your plans not to frequent his several restaurants will get his attention (especially if others do the same)

stevebotts 01-25-2015 08:47 AM

Loyalty Card

When we bought the card at Bonifay, we were told about the 1 hour call in time. Also, they have now changed the reward. Once you visit the clubs included in the card 15 times you receive the reward. No longer do the visits have to be within a month. Much better. Last month we recouped about $8.00 of our $20.00 just on the beer special. In a year I feel sure we will save more than the $20.00.

3377en 01-25-2015 09:07 AM

We bought the card. It's saved us the $20 plus the first month, just from the beer savings. It works great for us and several of our friends.

Sandtrap328 01-25-2015 12:29 PM

You would think that the owner, Fred, would be reading all these negative posts about his Loyal Tee card program and would change it to something simple like Nancy Lopez/Hemingway has in place - just based on dolllars spent and not on the number of times eaten at the place.

Either he does not believe in a good business plan or possibly just too arrogant and believes that senior aged Villagers are not savvy enough to know a good deal from a bad deal.

Sandtrap328 01-25-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3377en (Post 1000842)
We bought the card. It's saved us the $20 plus the first month, just from the beer savings. It works great for us and several of our friends.

Just curious, how much are the beers with and without the card? Are the card priced beers available anytime or just during certain Happy Hours of the day? Are the card priced beers good on both bottle and draft beers. Are the draft beers the usual ones of Coors Lite, Bud Lite, Yeungling?

Wizard of Oz 01-25-2015 12:50 PM

Loyal Tee cards

Maybe I should have called Seniors against Crime!

jim1941 01-25-2015 01:41 PM

What's the crime. You made the choice to buy the card.

I bought the card in December and had many Bud Light Draught Beers during December at a cost of $1.50......Regular price is $3.50 and Happy Hour price is $2.50.....it works for me!!!

bagboy 01-25-2015 04:17 PM

If you know Fred as you insinuate you do, why not ask him personally whether he is a bad business owner or just plain ignorant as you suggest. I know, cheap shots are easier.

tomwed 01-25-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard of Oz (Post 1000569)

I'm not sure I understand. When you tried to return the card they refused to give you back your money. Is that true?

Sandtrap328 01-25-2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim1941 (Post 1000979)
What's the crime. You made the choice to buy the card.

I bought the card in December and had many Bud Light Draught Beers during December at a cost of $1.50......Regular price is $3.50 and Happy Hour price is $2.50.....it works for me!!!

Are you saying the the price of a Bud Light draft is $1.50 anytime - and that regular customers without the Loyal Tee card pay $2.50 for Happy Hour beer and $3.50 for beer on non-happy hour times? Therefore, you are paying from $1 to $2 less per beer with the card?

I suppose under those circumstances that the card would work IF you go there very frequently for your beer.

I think a one time charge makes more sense than a yearly charge for the card but if Fred can find enough takers, do it.

simpkinp 01-25-2015 09:27 PM

Their Happy Hour ends at 5, rather early. I don't drink in mid day. my question is, are all the drink specials available all day all year or only for an advertised month. I noticed this month is Margaritas, which I never drink. Does that mean the beer special is gone? Or are both valid, as well as the Martini special?