Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Feminine Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/)
-   -   Wen hair products (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/wen-hair-products-140952/)

Judith Ann 01-27-2015 01:22 PM

Wen hair products

Does anyone use Wen products? If so, what do you like or dislike about them?

PammyJ 01-27-2015 07:29 PM

[Yes I like them but you have to use sooooo much product so that your hair feels clean. It is really expensive as well.

Jan Hickerson 01-27-2015 09:43 PM

Wen Hair Products

I have used the Wen Hair Products almost exclusively for the past 5 years. You do not need conditioner after you shampoo with Wen. I always buy the gallon size when QVC offers it (once a year, in January, I think) and that will last me for a year. So much more economical than the small pump bottles. My hairdresser says it makes my hair feel "like a child's hair", whatever that means.

Suzi 01-27-2015 10:50 PM

Before I let my hair go to its natural (admittedly beautiful) color, I used Wen exclusively. It was wonderful for hair that was washed every day. It made my hair soft and thicker as I tend to have fine hair. I, also, would buy the gallon yearly when on special from QVC. Other acquaintances who have similar hair problems have switched to Wen and have been very happy with their choice. Just between us girls, I also used it to shave.

Barefoot 01-28-2015 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzi (Post 1002348)
Before I let my hair go to its natural (admittedly beautiful) color, I used Wen exclusively. It was wonderful for hair that was washed every day. It made my hair soft and thicker as I tend to have fine hair. I, also, would buy the gallon yearly when on special from QVC. Other acquaintances who have similar hair problems have switched to Wen and have been very happy with their choice. Just between us girls, I also used it to shave.

Is Wen sold only on QVC?

Jeff/Tracy 01-28-2015 03:39 AM

I have used it for years.. and would never use anything else. LOVE how my hair has body and shine.

Madelaine Amee 01-28-2015 07:02 AM

Does anyone know what it does to hair that frizzies in the summer humidity? I've watched their ads over and over and am intrigued.

NotFromAroundHere 01-28-2015 09:05 AM

I do not use it. What I don't like about it is the name. A wen is a cancer or goiter. Can't get myself around that.

Pa & Giggi 01-28-2015 09:05 AM

I have used Wen for the past 4 years and love it. I buy it from QVC and I only use a small amount and my hair is fine. The amount you use depends on your hair length. A bottle will last me 6-8 mos, but as I am letting my hair grow longer I am going through my bottle a little bit faster. I have naturally curly/frizzy hair and when it gets humid I still have to put an anti-frizz serum in my hair, but this is Florida after all where the humidity is very high.

Barefoot 01-28-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1002384)
Is Wen sold only on QVC?

I'd like to try this product. So many positive comments! I just googled it, looking for stores that sell it.
In addition to QVC, Wen hair products are only sold online. They are available though Amazon or Wen's own website.

Judith Ann 01-28-2015 03:57 PM

Thanks everyone!

Suzi 01-28-2015 07:10 PM

Barefoot, it takes a little time to get used to using it. It DOES NOT foam/suds like conventional shampoo. That feels strange when you begin using it. But it cleans and conditions your hair so nicely, you'll get hooked.

gap2415 01-28-2015 07:29 PM

So it may be good for fine straight hair...that I have been fighting with all my life...in short, typical, English hair?

Barefoot 01-28-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzi (Post 1002828)
Barefoot, it takes a little time to get used to using it. It DOES NOT foam/suds like conventional shampoo. That feels strange when you begin using it. But it cleans and conditions your hair so nicely, you'll get hooked.

Thanks Suzi. I've seen the ads and I've been skeptical. It's always good to hear a recommendation from a friend!
Who doesn't love to try a new product! I'm ordering Wen!

CFrance 01-28-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzi (Post 1002348)

Suzi, why did you quit using it? Is it only good for colored hair?