Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Mattress purchase (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/mattress-purchase-140959/)

JMEZARIC3 01-27-2015 01:49 PM

Mattress purchase

Help!!!
Started shopping for a king mattress.What a hassle.
No two stores carry the same mattress model.The spec's look the same but the model names are different.It is impoosble to compare prices.Based upon all the mattress stores around TV I think there is a big mark up on mattresses.
Any Mattress experts out that can help me out?
My question is"Once we find a mattress we like how can we shop for the best price?"

jnieman 01-27-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 (Post 1002049)
Help!!!
No two stores carry the same mattress model.The spec's look the same but the model names are different.It is impoosble to compare prices.Based upon all the mattress stores around TV I think there is a big mark up on mattresses.
My question is"Once we find a mattress we like how can we shop for the best price?"

You could find the brand name of the mattress and model name and type it in google. I found my mattress at Macy's for less that way. Make sure it is the exact same though (i.e. pillow top, plush, firm, etc.)

kcrazorbackfan 01-27-2015 11:16 PM

If there is a Mattress Firm down in that area, you might try them. We've bought several from them over the years in STL and KC and the prices were always cheaper than anywhere else.

scrapple 01-28-2015 07:53 AM

If you are looking for memory foam, I'd highly recommend "Mattress in a box". We have used them twice since we have been here, based on recommendations from another Villager. Their product is perfect, price is about half of store prices and their customer service goes beyond stellar. Check their web site: wwww.mattressinabox.com

GPGuar 01-28-2015 08:02 AM

Waite for a sale, then buy from Macy's. Don't let them talk you into any extras. :smiley:

aln 01-28-2015 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 (Post 1002049)
Help!!!

We were in a similar dilemma. Searched mattresses on TOTV and ended up at the Original Mattress Factory in Ocoee. All the mattresses are made by them. They have soft-firm, pillow-top etc. Our king purchase for mattress, box spring & frame cost about $1400. at 0% interest for 6 months.
:mornincoffee:

Wandatime 01-31-2015 07:59 PM

There is a website Sleep Like The Dead Is #1 In Sleep Product Research : Independent and Unbiased Mattress Reviews, Pillow Ratings and Much More that will walk you through all the research you need to make the right decision for you.

Simonsays 01-31-2015 10:58 PM

We just bought an IComfort mattress from Mattress Market Outlet in Leesburg. The mattress was over half the price of other retailers, plus free delivery. Talk to Danny, the owner.

kellyjam 02-02-2015 12:23 PM

If you want a mattress that is made in the US try saatva.com. They use all organic materials. I own 4 of their mattresses (2 in NY.) Here is a link to Fortune Magazine from last October talking about the Co. Mattress company Saatva's profits are nothing to snooze at - Fortune Great mattresses.