Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Any Mexican restaurants with Chili Colorado? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/any-mexican-restaurants-chili-colorado-141086/)

JerryLBell 01-28-2015 11:05 AM

Any Mexican restaurants with Chili Colorado?

My wife and I are hoping to move to TV in the next couple of years. We're starting to think about the things we might miss in our current location. One of them for me is the Chili Colorado served at a local Mexican restaurant. If you're not familiar, it's basically chunks of very tender roast beef in a mild chili sauce served with rice. I'm not a big fan of Mexican food but I absolutely love this stuff. Do any of the Mexican restaurants in and around TV serve Chili Colorado?

TomOB 01-28-2015 11:26 AM

You will have to travel away from TV to get decent Mexican food.

Bonny 01-28-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryLBell (Post 1002550)
My wife and I are hoping to move to TV in the next couple of years. We're starting to think about the things we might miss in our current location. One of them for me is the Chili Colorado served at a local Mexican restaurant. If you're not familiar, it's basically chunks of very tender roast beef in a mild chili sauce served with rice. I'm not a big fan of Mexican food but I absolutely love this stuff. Do any of the Mexican restaurants in and around TV serve Chili Colorado?

If you are moving here in the next couple years, alot of things can & will change by then.

benj 01-28-2015 12:10 PM

Chili colorado

Jerry, I,ve tried every Mexican joint within fifty miles. Being from colo I miss green chili from brewery bar 11, good luck finding good Mexican here.

jnieman 01-28-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryLBell (Post 1002550)

We like Fiesta Grande in Colony but they don't have the Chili Colorado. Here is a link to many recipes on Pinterest to make your own. It does look really good!

http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins...lorado%7Ctyped

Carla B 01-28-2015 05:02 PM

Thanks for the link, jnieman. My mouth is watering!

yesi3putt2 01-28-2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomOB (Post 1002566)
You will have to travel away from TV to get decent Mexican food.

I disagree..my favorite restaurant in TV is Ay Jalisco Mexican restaurant in Spanish Springs..L-9 Chicken lunch...delicious..what a bargain

JerryLBell 04-27-2015 03:23 PM

We were just in The Villages a couple of weeks ago and stopped in to eat at Ay Jalisco. I wasn't that hungry so I just ordered a couple of Tacos. After ordering, I actually looked through the menu and found that they have Chili Colorado! We ended up buying a house (not because of Ay Jalisco; the food was good but not that good!) and are coming back in a few weeks to close. Since we'll probably stay again at the Holiday Inn Express just a couple of blocks from Spanish Springs, we'll probably do Ay Jalisco again and try out the Chili Colorado.

It's funny that I started this thread to see if the dish was available and now after a handful of kind responses by folks who didn't know where to find it, I'm the one to answer my own question!