Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   A Dump In The Middle Of The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/dump-middle-villages-141207/)

Jim 9922 01-29-2015 09:15 AM

A Dump In The Middle Of The Villages

Judging from the permit renewal request published in the Daily Sun, the dump operating in the middle of the new area will continue to operate. I wonder how, or if, they will screen the road from 466A into the dump and if the landscaping around the top of the dump will be improved. Even now you can see piles of concrete and other rubble from various parts of Morse Blvd. Lots of heavy, dusty dump trucks going to and fro, and pushing all that stuff around in the pit, covering it with dusty dirt, etc. I wouldn't want to live near that thing! I wonder what will be disclosed to the potential home buyers.
So far they all they have done is to build a couple of golf courses on the west side of the dump.

JourneyOfLife 01-29-2015 09:23 AM

Is is a garbage dump or just construction debris (e.g. rubble, concrete, dirt)?

dbussone 01-29-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JourneyOfLife (Post 1003048)

Construction

janmcn 01-29-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JourneyOfLife (Post 1003048)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 1003049)
Construction

Is anybody there checking to see what is being dumped at this dump?

Cedwards38 01-29-2015 10:58 AM

It's construction debris. Nothing to be alarmed about. It'll be gone when construction is complete.

joldnol 01-29-2015 11:47 AM

they are building two additional execs around the eastern side......Escambia and Okeechobee

Bogie Shooter 01-29-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim 9922 (Post 1003044)
Judging from the permit renewal request published in the Daily Sun, the dump operating in the middle of the new area will continue to operate. I wonder how, or if, they will screen the road from 466A into the dump and if the landscaping around the top of the dump will be improved. Even now you can see piles of concrete and other rubble from various parts of Morse Blvd. Lots of heavy, dusty dump trucks going to and fro, and pushing all that stuff around in the pit, covering it with dusty dirt, etc. I wouldn't want to live near that thing! I wonder what will be disclosed to the potential home buyers.
So far they all they have done is to build a couple of golf courses on the west side of the dump.

I guess you could go to the public hearing to express your concerns. You did see that date in the article?

JoMar 01-29-2015 12:33 PM

:agree:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1003157)
I guess you could go to the public hearing to express your concerns. You did see that date in the article?

:agree:

kcrazorbackfan 01-29-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedwards38 (Post 1003105)
It's construction debris. Nothing to be alarmed about. It'll be gone when construction is complete.

Gone as in "gone" or gone as in covered up?

rubicon 01-29-2015 01:40 PM

Dump NIMBY:police:

looneycat 01-29-2015 02:28 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz :shrug:

skip0358 01-29-2015 02:43 PM

It's been there and will be there. No big deal it's only construction debris. Where pray tell would you like them to haul it. This is not new it's a renewal to continue use. It does not stink like garbage. Just looks like a mountain with landscaping on it. Gee

SouthOfTheBorder 01-29-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim 9922 (Post 1003044)

Hey Jim

We have lived south of 466A for almost two years and just learned about this landfill operation a few months ago. Although it is about an 8-10 min cart ride away we haven't been exposed to any of the conditions you are concerned about. We do appreciate your heads-up.

Don

Almost forgot, I like your tag line, it fits your topic perfectly :thumbup:

JourneyOfLife 01-29-2015 03:35 PM

I think it is a very valid concern. Depending on how that land can, or might be used, in the future it could be a very big concern.

Are there any limits regarding the use of it as a dump now and in the future?

Is there any form a reclamation plan in place with an established timeline?

Dumps sometimes have a bad habit of being expanded both in size and scope over time!!! It happens more than you might expect.

CWGUY 01-29-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1003157)

And if he does go..... I sure hope he talks about that "dusty dirt". :shrug: