Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Antique Firearm (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/antique-firearm-141233/)

NY Golfer Steve 01-29-2015 11:32 AM

Antique Firearm

I have a fairly valuable antique German firearm which I'm considering selling. I realize there are several "Auction Houses" around the country which would be eager to consign this weapon for me, I would rather sell it to someone locally who would appreciate its value. Does anyone know of any local clubs or groups of individuals who collect antique firearms may be interested? Please PM me or call me at 845 797-6702. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Xavier 01-29-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Golfer Steve (Post 1003133)
I have a fairly valuable antique German firearm which I'm considering selling. I realize there are several "Auction Houses" around the country which would be eager to consign this weapon for me, I would rather sell it to someone locally who would appreciate its value. Does anyone know of any local clubs or groups of individuals who collect antique firearms may be interested? Please PM me or call me at 845 797-6702. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Could you give us a description?

Xavier

NY Golfer Steve 01-29-2015 03:08 PM

It is a WW2 Nazi Party Leader Walther PPK with party leader grips, leather holster and extra magazine.

NavyNJ 01-29-2015 03:30 PM

NYG Steve - Wow! You could be onto some pretty nice coin depending on the condition of all the components you're trying to off-load. Check out the details of this Rock Island Armory auction item: Spectacular Nazi Walther PPK Party Leader Pistol with Matching Party Leader Leather Holster I dabbled in some really minor collecting a ways back and started building a "Military 9's of the 20th Century" collection of sorts. Rock Island came thru with a nice deal on a P-38, which was the German Army 9mm version of the original Walther PP, and which later evolved into the PPK model. Anyway.....check them out, you might get some good info on how to price yours, and maybe how to sell it. Good luck!

NY Golfer Steve 01-29-2015 03:34 PM

That's who I've been in touch with but I was looking to get a little more than they thought it would bring at auction - plus they get 20% of the price. As I said, I'd rather sell it locally if I could find anyone interested.

karostay 01-29-2015 05:47 PM

Take it to Pawn Stars

NY Golfer Steve 01-29-2015 05:59 PM

Seriously??

Chatbrat 01-29-2015 06:00 PM

Sign on to trap shooters.com, post pictures of your pistol

Lots of honest people on the site

kittygilchrist 01-29-2015 06:22 PM

You will get an honest answer from Allans armory.
He is steeped in vintage firearms and kneedeep in walthers.
Near gainesville.

NY Golfer Steve 01-30-2015 12:02 AM

Thank you Kitty