Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Who tweets? Does anyone tweet? I.Q. state by state (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/who-tweets-does-anyone-tweet-i-q-state-state-141316/)

senior citizen 01-29-2015 08:32 PM

Who tweets? Does anyone tweet? I.Q. state by state

""THERE'S GOOD REASON WHY MUCH OF THE COUNTRY SUFFERS FROM VERMONT ENVY........THE GREEN MOUNTAIN STATE ISN'T JUST ANOTHER PRETTY PLACE. IT'S GOT BRAINS TO MATCH.""

We got a kick out of the below article; thought I should share it (since a few think Vermont is just a state filled with heroin users........NOT).

Below data is all based on "tweets"........so enjoy it, for the FUN of it. You can check out all of the states via the maps as per the hyperlinks.

""Now Tweet This: Vermont's the Smartest State! ""
Posted By Rick Kisonak on Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:58 PM

""There’s good reason why much of the country suffers from Vermont Envy. Lots of reasons, actually. The Green Mountain State isn't just another pretty place. It’s got brains to match.""

""Do I make this claim because Vermont has the country’s highest number of universities per capita (1 for every 36,000 residents)? I do not. Or because the state ranks first in the nation for writers per capita? Nope. Not even because, as Vermont State Librarian Martha Reid reports, "We have more public libraries per capita than any other state (183). "In FY13," she adds, "Vermont libraries reported 3.6 million visits!" ""

""But we’re getting warmer. I can say with certainty that we’re not just smarter than the average bear. We’re smarter than all the bears. At least all the bears on Twitter!""

""Seriously. Ours and those written by residents of every other state — more than a half million of the 140-or-less-character communiqués, in fact. And then the company analyzed them to determine the average grade reading level and IQ state by state, using a computer algorithm to score tweets based on factors such as spelling, grammar and word choice. Points presumably were deducted for Twitter pics of users wearing only towels. (Geraldo Rivera may single-handedly have prevented New Jersey from cracking the top five.)""

""Speaking of which, I give you the five smartest states:""

1. Vermont
2. Wyoming
3. Massachusetts
4. Minnesota
5. Maine

And the five where attaching pics of yourself in just a towel is apparently really common:

5. Mississippi
4. Arkansas
3. Alabama
2. South Carolina
1. Louisiana

""Those five bringing up the bottom weren’t the only ones who got bad news. The country as a whole came in at just below a fifth-grade reading level. A fact that would be sorry enough if the statistic were arrived at solely through Twitter-based science. But the sad reality is that the Movoto findings closely mirror recent official state education performance statistics. That would be enough to strike the average American dumb if, you know, the average American already wasn’t.""

""That’s right. According to a study just published by the California-based online real estate giant Movoto, Vermont isn’t merely among the smartest states, it is the smartest state. And how did it arrive at that conclusion? It read our tweets. THEN SCROLL DOWN TO MAP.""

http://www.movoto.com/blog/novelty-real-estate/reading-level-tweet-smart-well-written-state/

I.Q's per state. SCROLL DOWN TO MAP.......THEN CLICK ON EACH STATE FOR I.Q.'S.......RED STATES HAVE HIGHEST I.Q.'S

Now Tweet This: Vermont (to see map of the United States)

Posted on Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:58 PM
click to enlarge

Courtesy of Movoto
Smartest and dumbest states, according to tweets

kcrazorbackfan 01-29-2015 09:30 PM

The majority of people on TOTV can't stay under 140 characters; they would have to be sending MULTIPLE tweets. 😄😄😄

obxgal 01-29-2015 10:43 PM

""THERE'S GOOD REASON WHY MUCH OF THE COUNTRY SUFFERS FROM VERMONT ENVY........THE GREEN MOUNTAIN STATE ISN'T JUST ANOTHER PRETTY PLACE. IT'S GOT BRAINS TO MATCH.""

I think this is only in the minds of people from Vermont. No way am I envious of anyone or anything that has to do with Vermont.

manaboutown 01-29-2015 10:55 PM

Yeah, I was really envious of those Vermonters while I was outside, lying in the sun, sipping a cool one and working on my January tan today.

Bonanza 01-30-2015 01:55 AM

What's with all this Vermont stuff? Maybe 1% of residents care.
Besides, what are these statistics based upon? Percentages or population compared to others?
It isn't anything very news worthy to Villagers, I'm afraid.

Based upon a tweet, it's worthy of a bird.

senior citizen 01-30-2015 05:06 AM

Simply put, on Facebook lately........all of the various states have been represented as far as their "ranking" for one thing or another.........

The U.S. map is shown........then the state is highlighted.....
Such as safest, etc.

But the "tweets" thing was put out by realtors.

With another snowstorm imminent, be very glad that you are all enjoying the glorious Florida sunshine, savoring life around the swimming pools........while we dig out yet again.

Florida has ALWAYS BEEN OUR FAVORITE VACATION STATE for the past 50 years.

2BNTV 01-30-2015 06:42 AM

Whoever did this analysis, is a legend in their own mind. :D

senior citizen 01-30-2015 06:50 AM

I think it was meant to be humorous

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 1003489)
Whoever did this analysis, is a legend in their own mind. :D

HA HA.

I think it was done "tongue in cheek" to be humorous.
Based on tweets......nuts, right?

However, Connecticut had a very high I.Q. , right????? My mistake, it was MASSACHUSETTS.

tomwed 01-30-2015 08:40 AM

I noticed tweets seem to increase as the weather gets warmer.

Cedwards38 01-30-2015 09:24 AM

OK, that was pretty funny! Complete BULL, but funny nonetheless. Somebody has absolutely nothing to do if they sit around scoring the reading level of tweets, as if those are a reflection of American intellect. Still, it's pretty funny!

Allegiance 01-30-2015 09:27 AM

..and posts gets longer from northerners when the weather gets cold.

CFrance 01-30-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1003414)
The majority of people on TOTV can't stay under 140 characters; they would have to be sending MULTIPLE tweets. 😄😄😄

That's funny!:eclipsee_gold_cup:

billethkid 01-30-2015 10:03 AM

I do not do tweets or facebook.

I see no personal communication value or need that I can't resolve with other format public information.

Barefoot 01-30-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obxgal (Post 1003443)
""THERE'S GOOD REASON WHY MUCH OF THE COUNTRY SUFFERS FROM VERMONT ENVY"

I think this is only in the minds of people from Vermont.
No way am I envious of anyone or anything that has to do with Vermont.

That is exactly what I thought when I read the first post.
No-one I know suffers from Vermont Envy!
But I think there are people in Vermont that suffer from Florida envy!

dbussone 01-30-2015 06:39 PM

Who tweets? Does anyone tweet? I.Q. state by state

Isn't Vermont where all the illegal Canadiens cross the border? ::jester:: (I love Canadiens. Seriously, I do.)