Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Feminine Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/)
-   -   Found a Fantastic Hairdresser at last!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/found-fantastic-hairdresser-last-141540/)

cwnavy1 01-31-2015 06:26 PM

Found a Fantastic Hairdresser at last!!!

After three years in The Villages, I have found the BEST hairdresser! If you are looking for a new one -- or if you just want to try a new one --- Erica Miller at Urban Hair on 466 is the best! She works independently so call her direct number --352-457-5892. She gave me the best cut/color I have had since moving here three years ago.

Wandatime 01-31-2015 07:12 PM

Now THIS is good info! Thanks for posting!

Sable99 01-31-2015 08:37 PM

I'll add this to my growing list for when I finally get to my home in TV!

sunnyatlast 01-31-2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwnavy1 (Post 1004323)
After three years in The Villages, I have found the BEST hairdresser! If you are looking for a new one -- or if you just want to try a new one --- Erica Miller at Urban Hair on 466 is the best! She works independently so call her direct number --352-457-5892. She gave me the best cut/color I have had since moving here three years ago.

VERY important information!!

bkcunningham1 02-01-2015 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwnavy1 (Post 1004323)

What does she charge for a cut/color? I was given a voucher for a haircut at Urban Hair on 466. The voucher was for $42. I understand that a haircut there is $42. I wasn't able to use the voucher and gave it to a friend who JUST used it last week. I'm curious what you pay for a cut and color. Thank you.

nancymenn 02-01-2015 06:34 AM

Anxious to hear her charges, too. I have been here only 1 year and gone through 3 hairdressers and still cannot get a good cut. I get no coloring, just a cut. And I have a simple hair style. Still looking....!

Marlo 02-01-2015 07:20 AM

I've gone through so many hairdressers also from Cal's to more expensive and each time I've had to go back to have corrections. I'm not that picky but for some reason they can't get the sides the same length AND they leave a hunk uncut in the back behind the ear on one side and not the other. SO happy to hear there might be a good one here that's hopefully not so expensive also. I've found that it doesn't matter what you pay for a cut down here the hairdressers still aren't that good. I have a simple cut also & I'm going to try her. Thank you

Bonanza 02-02-2015 02:30 AM

Three years to find a good hairdresser here???

Hmmmmmmm . . .

rdhdleo 02-02-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonanza (Post 1004980)
Three years to find a good hairdresser here???

Hmmmmmmm . . .

Ummmm yep! 12 years and still looking. The clincher may be to find one that is both good and reasonable. Plus I also color mine and to find one that uses the product I prefer is also difficult! I like the girl I go to know but their prices just jumped up big time, went from $68 for a cut color and blow-dry to $85 so not just a couple of dollars. Sorry this is not the Chicago or Orlando area I think they all really think all The Villagers are rich.... just my thoughts. I just at this stage of my life do not want to pay those prices anymore. :( and NO not giving up coloring my hair. I have some friends back home in the business and may just have them ship me the color product and go back to doing it myself and looking for a good cut. Oh to OP thanks for the info have a feeling they're pricey but may just call. :)

Bada15 02-02-2015 02:42 PM

What does she charge for a wash cut and blow dry? I just moved here and am stunned by the prices. Do you know of a nail salon?

rdhdleo 02-02-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bada15 (Post 1005304)
What does she charge for a wash cut and blow dry? I just moved here and am stunned by the prices. Do you know of a nail salon?

I've tried many nail salons best I've found is Angelas Nails it's immaculate and they all do a great job and reasonable. Quan has been doing mine for a couple of years now. 11962 County Road 101, The Villages, FL 352-350-2932 I believe it's Palm Court Plaza near Little Bits.

annaconner 02-02-2015 04:09 PM

I too took a long time to find a good cutter. Each time I go home I am desperate to come back for that reason! Janine at Buffalo Barber Palm Ridge Plaza. She doesn't speak much but makes a good job. Have been complimented several times. 205 7693

Barefoot 02-04-2015 12:15 PM

I've found the hair stylists competent and reasonably priced,
both at Urban Hair in Oxford, and also at Victoria Hair, in the Sante Fe Plaza.

Has anyone used the hair stylist Renee at Victoria Hair?
Not the old Renee, she has moved on.
The new Renee has been at Victoria Hair about a month.

graciegirl 02-04-2015 01:01 PM

What IS a good hair cutter/stylist/etc.???????

How does one know WHO is good?

Do they cut your hair the way you have always loved it, or do they give you the latest most up to date cut and color?

Do they do it with scissors or a razor or a tree trimmer?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I go to Josh at Salon Jaylee who moved himself from 466 close to me to up by Target, not so close. I go and pay him 47 bucks for a cut and style and go back in six weeks and do it again. Sweetie thinks I am drop dead gorgeous, but I think he is just used to loving me and has kind eyes. I look pretty much like a wrinkled 75 year old with white hair going in...and coming out.

Barefoot 02-04-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1006446)
What IS a good hair cutter/stylist/etc.?
How does one know WHO is good?

If you walk out of the Salon with a smile on your face, that's a good hair cut!