Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   NFL Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/)
-   -   Super bowl (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/super-bowl-141739/)

jblum315 02-01-2015 09:57 PM

Super bowl

lafoto 02-01-2015 10:07 PM

The fat lady just sang!!! Go Pats!!

MrGolf 02-01-2015 10:16 PM

Whomever made that call for Seattle should be ashamed. Worst call possible. Pats didn't win. Seattle handed them the Lombardi

Mikeod 02-01-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGolf (Post 1004924)
Whomever made that call for Seattle should be ashamed. Worst call possible. Pats didn't win. Seattle handed them the Lombardi

Pete Carroll doesn't agree. Said it was a good call but the Patriots made a great play. Still said it does hurt to lose after playing so well. I agree. It was a great game. Back and forth. Great plays from both teams. Aside from the scrum at the end, I thought it was a clean game with relatively few penalties.

Polar Bear 02-01-2015 10:49 PM

Quote:

Lynch had been unstoppable all night. And the Seahawks had a timeout. Pass play was possibly the worst call in NFL history.!

But...can't agree that the Pats didn't win. Look at the scoreboard. :)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 02-01-2015 10:54 PM

IMHO opinion, the greatest football game ever played and certainly, the best Super Bowl ever. And I would be saying that even if the Seahawks had won. It was truly a fantastic game.

Sorry, but The Patriots din't win the game as much as Seattle lost it. Had to be one of the worst calls in history.

Thank you to Pete Carrol or the offensive coordinator of whoever was calling the plays for handing The Patriots their fourth Super Bowl.

But, even if they had run Marshawn Lynch for a touchdown, the Pats would have gotten the ball back with about 50 seconds left and only would have needed a field goal to send the game into the first overtime in Super Bowl History.

And for those of you who are still going on about the under inflated balls, there is this: Deflategate twist: Only one of Patriots' 12 balls were under-inflated - NFL - SI.com

CFrance 02-01-2015 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1004946)
IMHO opinion, the greatest football game ever played and certainly, the best Super Bowl ever. And I would be saying that even if the Seahawks had won. It was truly a fantastic game.

Sorry, but The Patriots din't win the game as much as Seattle lost it. Had to be one of the worst calls in history.

Thank you to Pete Carrol or the offensive coordinator of whoever was calling the plays for handing The Patriots their fourth Super Bowl.

But, even if they had run Marshawn Lynch for a touchdown, the Pats would have gotten the ball back with about 50 seconds left and only would have needed a field goal to send the game into the first overtime in Super Bowl History.

And for those of you who are still going on about the under inflated balls, there is this: Deflategate twist: Only one of Patriots' 12 balls were under-inflated - NFL - SI.com

I am glad to see you call the game so neutrally. It was a great game. I'm not crazy about either team! But it was a great game, and few penalties, a very fairly played game, and they gave us great football. Hats off to both the Seahawks and Patriots.

kbace6 02-01-2015 11:13 PM

Sore losers

Quote:

What Seattle should be ashamed of was how they behaved in the face of a loss. No class and SORE LOSERS. I lost a lost of respect for them because of that.

:spoken:

Bosoxfan 02-01-2015 11:15 PM

After that juggling catch by Kearse all I could think was not again! A lucky bounce of the ball ala David Tyree's helmet catch was going to snatch victory away. I agree horrible call on the pass play but to say the Patriots didn't win it is wrong. If you watch the interception the kid made a great break on the ball and came up with the game winning play.Sorry Seattle you played great but the better team won!

simpkinp 02-01-2015 11:20 PM

I agree. Poor sportsmanship at the end of one of the best games I have seen all year. Loved the game.. Hated the aftermath. Shame. Not what we want to teach our kids, but NFL is losing on that one and ILOVE THE NFL. disappointing

Allegiance 02-02-2015 03:00 AM

I am only here so I dont get fined.

DonH57 02-02-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbace6 (Post 1004959)
What Seattle should be ashamed of was how they behaved in the face of a loss. No class and SORE LOSERS. I lost a lost of respect for them because of that.

:spoken:

I agree. I feel that was one of the most vile demonstrations of poor sportsmanship by a team. Truly a classless act.:ohdear:

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 02-02-2015 10:47 AM

It's been a good time to be a Boston sports fan.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/...pspb7acimc.jpg

DeanFL 02-02-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonH57 (Post 1005122)
I agree. I feel that was one of the most vile demonstrations of poor sportsmanship by a team. Truly a classless act.:ohdear:

Tough loss for the Seattle fans. They must feel deflated.

It was a great game right to the end. Gotta hand it to both teams and coaches.

I truly detested the way the NFL handled the Patriots/issue re deflategate - was certain that Goodell would end the investigation etc well before the SB, and not have the issue detract from and hang over the game...but nope - as like all the other controversies this season, they blew it.

I do feel sorry for the Seahawks fans - a terrible way to lose. But happy for the Patriots fans, esp after the other two SB losses; if Seattle would have scored in the end, it would have been rough, 3&3 in SB with 3 horrible-way-to-lose losses. But, Seattle got to the SB with some very fortunate calls - live by the sword...

Will be very interesting how the NFL now handles the deflategate findings...

PennBF 02-02-2015 11:38 AM

Of Course

Of course we all understand we had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots win or the Seattle loss. It was the 22+ players and coaches who performed. To pretend we were in any way responisible for 22+ men from all over the USA playing a terrific ball game is kind of living in a Wizard of OZ world. I would give that if you had a relative playing in the game or coaching you would have had a reason to cheer a particular team. :ohdear: