Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Super Bowl Sunday 10:30PM, police are knocking at my front door in Pennsylvania (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/super-bowl-sunday-10-30pm-police-knocking-my-front-door-pennsylvania-141756/)

RayinPenn 02-02-2015 07:00 AM

Super Bowl Sunday 10:30PM, police are knocking at my front door in Pennsylvania

Super Bowl Sunday 10:30PM and the police are knocking at my front door; Our next door neighbors have been burglarized. I stop by to offer any help they may need I find them, two empty nesters, sitting in their ransacked home in shock "they took all my jewelry" They had been at a Super Bowl party. I offer to watch the home when they are away..(I know cows already out of the barn). She says they won't be back..I am not so sure. She is just over chemo for breast cancer. I head home - a couple of hundred yards - sick to my stomach.

A few weeks ago I signed up for police alerts in the small crime ridden city where I work (10 miles from home) I am shocked to see one or two shootings, bank robberies, drug bust with hundreds of bags of heroin each and every day. I knew it was bad but I had no idea. The local paper has an expose on crime and the heroin problem in the city..

on Friday a colleague tells me the police came to his home owners association meeting and said the criminals are now hitting the suburbs. Knock on door if no one is home rob the place.

I take the lock off the shotgun... Dum I know but I sleep better. I have an alarm, low voltage exterior lights and a back up 65lb alarm with teeth. Not much else I can do.

Cisco Kid 02-02-2015 07:15 AM

Where do you live ?

Bay Kid 02-02-2015 09:26 AM

Hornet spray by the bed for a little extra protection. Sorry there are so many bad people in the world.

Challenger 02-02-2015 09:39 AM

Please be clear--- You do not lve in the Villages

Based on the rumor process this could go viral on TOTV

Cedwards38 02-02-2015 09:43 AM

I feel terribly sorry for your neighbors. I hope they catch whoever did this crime. If all of us in The Villages would invest in a home security system we could make all of these problems go away. Burglars are stupid, but not that stupid. Can you imagine the discount we could all get if The Villages contracted with some enterprising company to provide a group contract? The security companies would be tripping all over themselves to bid on this and get that much new business. We could become Florida's Safest Hometown! The shotgun approach might work, but it's not very effective when you aren't at home, and it could wind up getting you thrown in jail too.

Susan G 02-02-2015 10:00 AM

Based on his user name probably happened in PENNSYLVANIA not here.... Please edit your title to clarify Rayinpenn

gomoho 02-02-2015 10:28 AM

RayinPenn took us down this road with his $22k roof repair. Wish he would more clearly state where these events take place.

spring_chicken 02-02-2015 10:50 AM

He probably thought that by posting it in "NON Villages discussion", people would know that it wasn't here.

Barefoot 02-02-2015 10:57 AM

The title of this thread clearly needs to be changed to reflect the fact that his happened in another State, not Florida!

Bogie Shooter 02-02-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedwards38 (Post 1005087)
I feel terribly sorry for your neighbors. I hope they catch whoever did this crime. If all of us in The Villages would invest in a home security system we could make all of these problems go away. Burglars are stupid, but not that stupid. Can you imagine the discount we could all get if The Villages contracted with some enterprising company to provide a group contract? The security companies would be tripping all over themselves to bid on this and get that much new business. We could become Florida's Safest Hometown! The shotgun approach might work, but it's not very effective when you aren't at home, and it could wind up getting you thrown in jail too.

How did you find out where this happened??

graciegirl 02-02-2015 02:53 PM

THE original post did NOT happen in The Villages. PLEASE RAY, change the name of your thread.

Chi-Town 02-02-2015 03:36 PM

Hey Ray, write when you get here.

Cedwards38 02-02-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1005288)
How did you find out where this happened??

I didn't. I assumed it was TV.

Moderator 02-02-2015 04:29 PM

Thread title modified to indicate incident took place in Pennsylvania, not The Villages.

Tripngirl 02-02-2015 05:08 PM

I don't know if it was this way before but the heading reads now.....
"Super Bowl Sunday 10:30PM, police are knocking at my front door in Pennsylvania"