Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Lake Deaton - New Home Purchase (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/lake-deaton-new-home-purchase-141834/)

kipturk 02-02-2015 02:03 PM

Lake Deaton - New Home Purchase

I just recently purchased a house in Lake Deaton. It is off Warnock and Underbrush Trail on a cul-de-sac called Hardwood Lane.

I am looking for other new neighbors in the area/village to get involved with. Either thru an existing group OR start a new neighborhood group. This would be for monthly parties, golfing and pickle ball, etc. If anybody is interested or knows of existing groups, please reply back.

I am also looking for any neighbors and who they use for law services and home watch services. And any thoughts on where you purchased your furniture.

village dreamer 02-02-2015 02:35 PM

babettes on 441 for furniture see sharon

JoMar 02-02-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kipturk (Post 1005268)
I just recently purchased a house in Lake Deaton. It is off Warnock and Underbrush Trail on a cul-de-sac called Hardwood Lane.

I am looking for other new neighbors in the area/village to get involved with. Either thru an existing group OR start a new neighborhood group. This would be for monthly parties, golfing and pickle ball, etc. If anybody is interested or knows of existing groups, please reply back.

I am also looking for any neighbors and who they use for law services and home watch services. And any thoughts on where you purchased your furniture.

When we arrived in September we printed out flyers with an invitation for a meet and greet in our driveway....it was a BYOB and chairs. We distributed to those that were living here and had about 50 show up. We learned about each other, got some interesting stuff started and now have a neighborhood meet and greet every couple months at the rec center. You also might want to see if anyone has started a Nextdoor community online. We did that and now have monthy events, poker games, golf groups and pickleball groups. Just takes someone to take the initiative.

asianthree 02-02-2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

The village sitter for your homewatch. You will be very happy. Charlene 267-481-0588

Northwoods 02-02-2015 08:13 PM

There is a social group in Lake Deaton called the "Lake Deatoners." If you go to the mail boxes there is a flyer that tells you how to sign up. We do something on the 3rd Friday of every month. This month is a dinner dance. Tickets go on sale at the mailboxes this Thursday at 2:00.

dewilson58 02-03-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1005484)
The village sitter for your homewatch. You will be very happy. Charlene 267-481-0588

A+ for Village Sitter.

We liked Babette's .................... We used Tim, loved him.

Yard, Fertigator is doing great for us.

Good Luck.

keithwand 02-03-2015 11:22 AM

Charlene-the best!

cmj1210 02-03-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1005484)

Ditto on Charlene

Livingthedream 02-10-2015 09:11 PM

Magnolia Home Watch. 630/346-5000. Audrey is a resident in The Villages and has 20 years of property management experience and does a fantastic job!

angel278 03-04-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

I too just purchased a home In Lake Deaton. I am looking for a cleaning lady and also some help hanging pictures and other things. Any suggestions?
:welcome:

graciegirl 03-04-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel278 (Post 1023171)
I too just purchased a home In Lake Deaton. I am looking for a cleaning lady and also some help hanging pictures and other things. Any suggestions?
:welcome:

For help hanging pictures...There is a great fellow called The Village Hangman. He lives in Bridgeport at Lake Sumter. His name is Roger.......Dupas??????????

Help someone.

Grandfinch 03-06-2015 07:30 AM

I would check on BBB and crimes against seniors before taking recommendations from strangers on this website. I'm sure most mean well, but you will also see some that think they are the experts on everything.

Welcome to The Villages.

Muffie555 07-03-2015 07:08 PM

I have a great house cleaner Jackie. 864 371-2097
Tell her Ursula referred her

Muffie555 07-03-2015 07:09 PM

PS I own a home in Lake Deaton and use Jackie personally

maryanna630 07-03-2015 09:53 PM

We are just getting ready also to close on a home in Lake Deaton. We purchased our furniture at Family Furniture in Leesburg, just across from Babettes. We used Dotty Peck and she was just wonderful. We are going to. E looking for lawn and pest services as well as a twice a month housecleaner. We just think Lake Deaton is beautiful!