Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Stone on house (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/stone-house-141929/)

goldseekur 02-03-2015 10:22 AM

Stone on house

We are getting ready to paint the outside of our house & I want to add some "stone" to the front columns of our house.

Do I have to get approval to do this?

Does anyone recommend a company that does this type of work?

Susan G 02-03-2015 10:26 AM

I believe that any changes or modifications need ARC approval. Paint, if the same color, does not.

cquick 02-03-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldseekur (Post 1005712)
We are getting ready to paint the outside of our house & I want to add some "stone" to the front columns of our house.

Do I have to get approval to do this?

Does anyone recommend a company that does this type of work?

I would certainly get approval for that type of work. why take the chance?

Sandtrap328 02-03-2015 12:55 PM

Absolutely get prior approval. Remember that all violations are complaint driven and the complainer will remain anonymous and does not even have to live near you.

The ARC could make you restore the columns to their previous look and you would be out lots of money.

By "stone", are you meaning actual stonework or the faux stone done by painting?

Phanatic Luvr 02-03-2015 01:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes, you definitely need to have it approved. We added stone (real stone, not the fake stone) to the front of our home last July and used All Masonry, LLC out of Apopka. They were great to deal with. Walt did the stone work on Burke's BBQ on 466A, that's how I found him. He does a lot of work in Disney also. Their phone # is (407) 886-3105. I dealt with Patti, Walt's wife on the selection. Go to Eldorado Stone - Stone Veneer, Architectural Stone and Brick Products and Real Stone Veneers of Tennessee to see stone options. We used a ledge stone. Have fun, it will make a huge difference. Also, don't paint the area you want to add the stone to.

John_W 02-03-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr (Post 1005855)
Yes, you definitely need to have it approved. We added stone (real stone, not the fake stone) to the front of our home last July and used All Masonry, LLC out of Apopka. They were great to deal with. Walt did the stone work on Burke's BBQ on 466A, that's how I found him. He does a lot of work in Disney also. Their phone # is (407) 886-3105. I dealt with Patti, Walt's wife on the selection. Go to Eldorado Stone - Stone Veneer, Architectural Stone and Brick Products and Real Stone Veneers of Tennessee to see stone options. We used a ledge stone. Have fun, it will make a huge difference. Also, don't paint the area you want to add the stone to.

That's looks great. It's something TV should offer as a option. That's my one complaint with the rancher homes is the all vinyl siding makes the home look kind of boxy. In Maryland a lot of homes and condos are built with vinyl siding and they'll add stone trim and it makes a major difference. It also makes it easier to charge a lot more for the home.

Carla B 02-03-2015 02:44 PM

Your house looks fantastic, PLuvr. We've thought about adding stone trim to our house. Thanks for the photos and for posting the name of the contractor.

jimbo2012 02-03-2015 02:57 PM

U need approval, but it will not be denied, because they build new with stone

goldseekur 02-03-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr (Post 1005855)

Thanks everyone for the information.
Especially thanks to you Phanatic Luvr for the photos & the information. I will call All Masonry and get a quote. The stone changes the whole look and feel of your house. I bet you love it and get lots and lots of compliments.

Thanks again for sharing.