Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   TOTV Newsletter (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/totv-newsletter-142087/)

memason 02-04-2015 09:48 AM

TOTV Newsletter

Everyone see the TOTV Newsletter this morning ??

Talk of The Villages February 2015 Newsletter

redwitch 02-04-2015 09:51 AM

Yup. Glad to see political forum coming back.

Barefoot 02-04-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 1006332)
Everyone see the TOTV Newsletter this morning?

TOTV Admin really does care about feedback from members.
I'm very happy to hear the Political Forum is returning. And of course those that don't want it, simply don't have to Opt In.
As a Canadian, I learned a lot about US Politics from reading the chatter and opposing views on this Forum.
Yay for TOTV Admin. :ho:

tippyclubb 02-04-2015 10:39 AM

I'm thrilled to see the political forum come back. After all, how many dog poop and roundabout threads can one read? I know with its return I'll be reading the forum more often, and participating.

Wandatime 02-04-2015 10:40 AM

Glad they brought it back AND made it easy to stay away from it.

eweissenbach 02-04-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandatime (Post 1006367)
Glad they brought it back AND made it easy to stay away from it.

Good that it is back. Wondering how the anonymity (Apparently no usernames will be posted) will affect the overall discussion?

memason 02-04-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 1006369)
Good that it is back. Wondering how the anonymity (Apparently no usernames will be posted) will affect the overall discussion?

Yeah, I agree. With everyone posting as "Guest", it'll be a little tougher to carry on a coherent conversation, since you might not know which Guest you're addressing.

We'll have to wait and see how it works, I guess....

gerryann 02-04-2015 11:15 AM

When I go on TOTV, I always go to "new posts". I'm happy to see that the politics area will not show up there and you'll have to specifically go to that area. It will be interesting given the election coming soon. (Sort of soon). However as another pointed out, it could prove difficult with everyone being a guest. I guess they'll be a lot of copying previous posts.

gomoho 02-04-2015 11:23 AM

Never had an opportunity to engage in the political forum, but look forward to this as a good place to share ideas and hopefully learn a few things.

folkh 02-04-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 1006332)
Everyone see the TOTV Newsletter this morning ??

I never saw the newsletter before, can anyone tell me when it comes out and where to locate it. Thank you for posting this it is very nice to read.

Barefoot 02-04-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by folkh (Post 1006413)
I never saw the newsletter before, can anyone tell me when it comes out and where to locate it. Thank you for posting this it is very nice to read.

The post you referenced by memason has a link to the newsletter.
I thought it was emailed to all members.

downeaster 02-04-2015 12:28 PM

Glad it is coming back but sorry there will be no user names. I followed the old political forum but never participated. There were certain posters I always read and certain ones I learned to ignore. My choice was not based on political leanings but on what I considered constructive content.

CFrance 02-04-2015 12:31 PM

A big shout out to Admin for listening to posters and bringing back the political forum. And, like Wandatime says, by keeping it opt-in/opt-out.

I'm sure people will know whose post a poster is answering by starting out with "To the guest who said..."

I hope if the original classifieds come back, they will also be opt-in/opt-out. Toward the end, before they went to panjo, the classified postings were taking up way too much space on the New Post page. Having to wade through them to get to the normal posts was becoming a pain. Plus there were too many people posting 25 separate items at $2.99 apiece.

rp001 02-04-2015 12:33 PM

The gang of six got their way.

rustyp 02-04-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rp001 (Post 1006427)
The gang of six got their way.

I want to opt in but I don't want to see the posts by the FAB 6. Will putting their names on my IGNORE LIST keep their posts off my computer?:pray: