Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Favorite restaurants (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/favorite-restaurants-142478/)

SookeyJo 02-07-2015 11:26 AM

Favorite restaurants

Hi everyone!:wave: We are looking for good restaurants in the Orlando, Tampa and Ocala areas. We like a variety of foods....Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Seafood. Please share your favorites. Thank you!

Bogie Shooter 02-07-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SookeyJo (Post 1008157)
Hi everyone!:wave: We are looking for good restaurants in the Orlando, Tampa and Ocala areas. We like a variety of foods....Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Seafood. Please share your favorites. Thank you!

They are all here.
The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Review Site

NYGUY 02-07-2015 12:43 PM

I am not sure how many Villagers travel that far to eat, but you might want to try yelp.com for restaurant reviews (you can search by city).

AriaGrandparents2013 02-07-2015 01:23 PM

My wife and I like the following:

Belleview Pizza and Italian Restaurant - great bargain with two pasta dinners for price of one between 3 PM to 5 PM on Tuesday though Friday and Sunday.

Coyote Roja (Bushnell) - authentic Mexican food inexpensive and highly recommended.

2newyorkers 02-07-2015 01:26 PM

Pavarottis in Ocala is a good Italian restaurant with great pizza.

kellyjam 02-07-2015 04:09 PM

Latinos Y Mas Ocala great Paella.

tomwed 02-07-2015 04:12 PM

The Blue Door in Ocala

Doro22 02-07-2015 04:52 PM

Harry's in Ocala, on the square. Has New Orleans style southern cuisine. Yummy different flavors.

Yorio 02-07-2015 05:04 PM

I've writing in Village Gourmet Club review section for some time and also on Trip Advisor and occasionally in Yelp. Unfortunately really great food is hard to come by in our neck of the woods but I haven't given up. Washington DC area where I lived for close to 40 years was quite sparse in good food back in mid-70s despite the fact it was supposed to be a cosmopolitan area. Last 20 years brought wonders to the area with great food especially ethnic. This place will change too. My favorite at the moment is Chefs of Napoli III in Wildwood and around Winter Park area near Orlando, there are some good restaurants. Also, love the ambience of Park Ave. South.

AriaGrandparents2013 02-08-2015 08:09 AM

Has another tried Pho....?????

We are meaning to try Pho 88 Vietnamese Restaurant located at 730 North Mills Avenue, Orlando, FL. Has anyone been there?

Bonny 02-08-2015 11:07 AM

I also like Harrys in Ocala. They have a nice variety. There are 2 chicken dishes there and both have a delicious sauce. Every time I go I do the eeny meeny thing to decide which one I'm ordering. LOL

OpusX1 02-08-2015 11:18 AM

Bern's Steak House in Tampa. Consistently rated a top ten Steak house in the country. It is our go to special dining experience.

bermssteakhouse.com

Chi-Town 02-08-2015 11:33 AM

If you like French, Italian, Japanese, Moroccan, Mexican, or German cuisine the signature restaurants at Epcot are amazingly good. For red meat Mark's Prime Steakhouse in Ocala is hard to beat.

lovsthosebigdogs 02-08-2015 04:46 PM

Harry's is the only area restaurant I really love. Every other one I've tried so far has just been 'food', but I admit I haven't tried as many as some others on this forum.

Chazz 02-08-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpusX1 (Post 1008605)
Bern's Steak House in Tampa. Consistently rated a top ten Steak house in the country. It is our go to special dining experience.

bermssteakhouse.com

+1 on that selection. Bern's is one of the few steakhouses around that serves prime beef that is dry aged in their own premises. In addition, the fact that they give you a salad, onion soup, a vegetable and a baked potato (with all the trimmings) included with your steak, makes this a good value at this quality level.