Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Contractors & Lawn Mowing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/)
-   -   Fertigator - worth a look (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/fertigator-worth-look-142804/)

Kahuna32162 02-09-2015 06:42 PM

Fertigator - worth a look

Attn, Stellar and Service Smart customers, after a lot of research, I have signed on with Ferginator for lawn, shurb and tree care. They gaurentee a green and healthy lawn with a system that delivers lawn nutrients thru your exsisting spinkler system at NO added cost!

Bonanza 02-10-2015 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 (Post 1009569)
Attn, Stellar and Service Smart customers, after a lot of research, I have signed on with Ferginator for lawn, shurb and tree care. They gaurentee a green and healthy lawn with a system that delivers lawn nutrients thru your exsisting spinkler system at NO added cost!

Good luck with Fertigator. If you saw my neighbor's lawn that they were servicing, you would never use them.

Also, since the fertilizer is through the sprinkler system, all your shrubs and trees are getting exactly what your grass is getting. Not a good idea. You also should not be fertilzing during the winter months.

johnfarr 02-10-2015 05:42 AM

Fertigator

I used them for almost 2 years. A good concept, but It was a typical rainy year and sprinklers were not used much. I conserve water by irrigating only when the grass looks stressed. With almost daily rain in the afternoon sprinklers were off and the organic nutrients/pest controls (they call it Mojo) were not sent out as needed. It may work better for absentee homeowners who leave their sprinklers on the timer all year.

When I signed up I had a chinch bug problem, and they did a great job of controling them with pesticides.

dewilson58 02-10-2015 08:15 AM

Fertigator works great, everything looks great....not just the grass.

You can drive down the street and the greenest lawns are Fert's

karostay 02-10-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 (Post 1009569)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonanza (Post 1009729)

Good luck with Fertigator. If you saw my neighbor's lawn that they were servicing, you would never use them.

Also, since the fertilizer is through the sprinkler system, all your shrubs and trees are getting exactly what your grass is getting. Not a good idea. You also should not be fertilzing during the winter months.

Call Fertigtor as I did ..All your questions concerns will be professionally answered They will send out Tech address your concerns one by one
You'll know exactly how the system works not hear say
I have no regents hiring their services they transformed my substandard lawn and shrubs which my past lawn company couldn't accomplish in 3 years to the envy of my neighbors in just 6 months few have have even switched to their services

eremite06 02-10-2015 09:42 AM

I've had them for years. Very happy with my lawn and shrubs. They empty the fertilizer container this time of year. They'll inspect for weeds or insects and treat appropriately.

spring_chicken 02-10-2015 09:48 AM

Can you give a ballpark of what they charge?

sharonga 04-21-2015 10:12 AM

Is everyone still happy with Fertigator? Thinking of going with them. Had PTL for 3 years and not so happy lately.

ziggie 04-21-2015 10:21 AM

How about a ball park price

jnieman 04-21-2015 10:52 AM

Ok, I will post my Fertigator price but I don't want this thread to go off on a tanget about price as we have already beaten that dead horse in another thread. We pay $55 a month for our fertigator and other services done by them and to us it is worth every penny. I love that this is a consistant service and that there are no ups and downs with care. That is for fertilizing the lawn and shrubs, weed control, pest control and termite protection. You don't have to have all of those things as they can be sold separately. We mow our own lawn. EVERYTHING in our landscape is very healthy. Green, green grass with very few weeds, our hedges are completely filled out without bare spots, our flowers are thriving. We couldn't ask for our yard to look any better.

dewilson58 04-21-2015 11:35 AM

Still loving Fertigator.

Regarding pricing....................they have a number of packages and services. They are a one stop shop, so they need to know what you want and they will customize.

Last year I had them move a tree.............great job, great price and it survived.

CFrance 04-21-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonanza (Post 1009729)

They do not fertilize during the winter months. They come back in the spring and fill the fert. dispenser. It' said very weak solution that is okay to use continuously during the growing season. (I learned this from a nursery in MI) My neighbor's lawn looks the best on the street using this company. Ours needs work. The owner is coming by today to have a look-see. Called him yesterday. BTW, lawn looked bad last fall before we switched from Service Smart to Fertigator, so we are not blaming this on Fertigator.

dewilson58 04-21-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1048947)
They do not fertilize during the winter months. They come back in the spring and fill the fert. dispenser. It' said very weak solution that is okay to use continuously during the growing season. (I learned this from a nursery in MI) My neighbor's lawn looks the best on the street using this company. Ours needs work. The owner is coming by today to have a look-see. Called him yesterday. BTW, lawn looked bad last fall before we switched from Service Smart to Fertigator, so we are not blaming this on Fertigator.

Tell Dave HI.........good man.

OurHappyHome 05-19-2015 10:23 AM

Does anyone have a contact number for
Ferginator?

jnieman 05-19-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1048947)

If you call they will come an do a manual fertilizer. They check our lawn occasionally and do this for us.