Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Kitchen vent outside (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/kitchen-vent-outside-143097/)

sea turtle 02-12-2015 08:58 AM

Kitchen vent outside

Does anyone have experience with a contractor to run the kitchen vent outside and about how much it costs?

jblum315 02-12-2015 09:58 AM

/What makes you think they don't vent outside? Pretty sure they do.

villagetinker 02-12-2015 10:50 AM

If you are talking about the Microwave "vent", mine goes to the attic (2013 vintage gardenia). I do have a concern about the eventual buildup of cooking fumes in the attic, however, venting through the roof could present staining problems there also.....

TrudyM 02-12-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1011122)
If you are talking about the Microwave "vent", mine goes to the attic (2013 vintage gardenia). I do have a concern about the eventual buildup of cooking fumes in the attic, however, venting through the roof could present staining problems there also.....

You could always run a vent line to the gable end of the roof then it goes through the wall instead of the roof. I don't know if the fan in the range hood/microwave is strong enough to really push the air that far but at least the cooking fumes wouldn't be in the attic if that is were they are going. I am currently renting a courtyard villa and I just went and looked. The microwave fan is cycling through a filter it doesn't vent anyplace. I will have to check it out when I get in my house.

fred53 02-12-2015 11:36 AM

Since your roof has ridge vents...

Quote:

they'll be no build up of fumes...as to staining...we'll all be dead before it's even a hint of a concern...

tuccillo 02-12-2015 03:26 PM

That is interesting. My 2014 Gardenia vents outside through the roof.

Quote:

karostay 02-12-2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't think it vents into the attic. Look at your roof just above the wall were the fan is ,or even the outside wall

tuccillo 02-12-2015 04:50 PM

You should see two silver vents on the roof. One is for the kitchen fan and the other is for the dryer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1011356)
I wouldn't think it vents into the attic. Look at your roof just above the wall were the fan is ,or even the outside wall

villagetinker 02-12-2015 08:50 PM

To all, I will look at the roof, but the house plans do not indicate a vent through the roof, so I could be mistaken, and if so, I am very sorry for any misinformation. Will check tomorrow.